Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this past week I acquired a 1966 mfg Savage-Anschutz Model 141 in 22LR as a stablemate for my 1966 S-A 141-M, 22 WMR. Wood is similar & both are in excellent or better condition. The new 22LR does have some wear on the bolt handle but all other metal & wood looks to be 97% or better with just a very few small mars/marks on the wood. Metal is pristine except for the bolt handle wear. This one joins (in addition to the 141-M) a 1982 mfg 1422 in 22LR, & 1960's mfg S-A 164 in 22LR & 164-M, 22WMR. All have decent wood (the 1422 has been well used & the butstock finish is dull on either side) & a couple have very nice wood. The 164-M & both 141's have very good figure that is kinda hard to see in the pix. Decided this morning that I needed to get a family portrait so here it is - :D

Top to bottom - 1422, 164, 164-M, 141-M, & 141 -

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Plum shabby family there Nobody. :eek: Tell me are you the only one in Arkansas that can get an Annie to shoot? :D I do notice one thing about your family there you are missing a Mach II better get you one before they go higher.:D I got two of them :p

Oh forgot to add your 1422 would look alot better with the Classic stock I have on mine! And best of all it will cause you to kill as many squirrels as I do!!!!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plum shabby family there Nobody. :eek: Tell me are you the only one in Arkansas that can get an Annie to shoot? :D I do notice one thing about your family there you are missing a Mach II better get you one before they go higher.:D I got two of them :p

Oh forgot to add your 1422 would look alot better with the Classic stock I have on mine! And best of all it will cause you to kill as many squirrels as I do!!!!
Yep, been thinking 'bout a Mach2 but right now discretionary funds are kinda limited don'tcha know :rolleyes: . Trying to put aside enough to make the trip to the Missouri spring hunt & on to the Pacific NW next month. Guy's been listing a 1502 Classic for rightous bucks for quite some time now but I just ain't been able to bring myself to go for it yet :( .

Re the 1422, I'd like to have a classic (or even a hogback) stock for it but I also want to keep the 'rollover' & so far I ain't found an extra (at least for what I'd be willing to pay :D ).

·
Premium Member
58,721 Posts
Thats a fine looking family portrait there Nobody, don't let anybody give you any mouth about those, its pure jealousy on their part!:bthumb:

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a fine looking family portrait there Nobody, don't let anybody give you any mouth about those, its pure jealousy on their part!:bthumb:
:D :D Yeah Gerald, 22man & I have a running thing going about Anschutz's. The only jealousy goin' is he'd like to have my 1422 stock. He don't need it tho, he has more Anschutz than I do & he & his son are squirrel killin' machines. Gonna be goin' up his way next month for the Missouri spring hunt & plan to take along at least a couple of the 'family' & see if I can't attempt to come near his proficiency ;)

Thanks for the compliment. I purely love these Anschutz sporters :bthumb:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
:D :D Yeah Gerald, 22man & I have a running thing going about Anschutz's. The only jealousy goin' is he'd like to have my 1422 stock. He don't need it tho, he has more Anschutz than I do & he & his son are squirrel killin' machines. Gonna be goin' up his way next month for the Missouri spring hunt & plan to take along at least a couple of the 'family' & see if I can't attempt to come near his proficiency ;)

Thanks for the compliment. I purely love these Anschutz sporters :bthumb:
Harv, I think I have gone plum crazy as I just aquired a164 in 22 mag (will never go to the squirrel woods with me) but need something for varmits on the new place :Blasting_
I got a special place for you and me to hunt when you get up here.:bthumb:

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see my old rifle, the one right in the middle! Nice collection. I'm really glad it went to someone who appreciates these old classics.
Thanks again 221FB, for the opportunity to purchase that one. I get more comments at the range on that rifle. Haven't yet been able to get a pic that does justice to the stock. Ya just gotta see it! Oh yeah, it kinda likes the new Hornady V-Max ammo too :bthumb: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.