Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Extraction Fix 10/22 WMH

This post is for the individuals that have extraction problems with 10/22 WMR rifles. About 3 months ago, I bought a Magnum Research 10/22 WMR rifle. The reviews on the rifle indicated that the owners really liked the 22 WMR and they accepted the fact that the rifle had extraction problems. In the first 850 rounds fired, in every 9 round clip, the rifle failed to extract the rounds 2 and 3 times in each clip. Although, the rifle seemed to be very well made, the extraction problem made the rifle a bad buy. To make a long story short, here is what, I did that corrected the extraction Problem:
1. I adjusted the tension on each clip to 1 1/2 turns.
2. Replaced the original extractor with a Volquartsen extractor, 20 bucks with shipping.
3. Stop using Hollow Point Ammunition, the rifle seems to like Full Jacketed ammunition better than the Hollow Point.
The result, after firing 150 rounds with Full Jacketed ammunition, only one extraction failure occurred. In my opinion, the operation of the gun is now a recommend buy. For what it is worth I hope this post helps 10/22 WMR owners, it took me 3 months of disliking, making adjustments, and $ to the gun to finally figure it out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.