Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Extended barrel kit

678 6
To put it simply it just doesnt fit.
Not happry cause it looks so good with it on but it is lose because the longer barrel is slightly larger in diameter then the small barrel and so the barrel nut does not fit properly.
Taking it back tommorow will report back with the news
Anyone else had the same problem???
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't see a difference in the diameter of the 3.4 and the 5 inch barrels. My barrel nut fits both just fine. Will the nut fit the barrel without the barrel sleeve on and with the barrel out of the gun? Like a dope I cleaned mine one night and put the 5 inch on with the 3.4 inch sleeve. It was kinda loose :D .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your barrel sleeve to make sure the notched
end goes in first and rotate it till you feel it set in
place. I checked my short barrel with the barrel
sleeve on backwards and it does not allow the
barrel nut to fit properly.

loader55

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the reply

its a piece of cake now i knew that piece of plastic was for something to keep that spring in place does that also fit in the slide or only for the extension barrel i havent tried the 3.5 barrel yet

thanks for the reply

·
Registered
43 Posts
djoem said:
its a piece of cake now i knew that piece of plastic was for something to keep that spring in place does that also fit in the slide or only for the extension barrel i havent tried the 3.5 barrel yet

thanks for the reply
It's for reassembly of the slide to the frame; you stick the plastic rod into the slide from the front, about half way, say, and put the front of the spring on it, and the back half on the spring guide rod. This keeps the spring from going SpRRoinGG! when you try to move the slide to the rear.

Alternatively, see my post about fixing the trigger lock for another method that requires no tools to reassemble.

Cheers!
F6

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.