Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally broke down and put my one and only pistol scope on my exemplar. I found that with my bifocals I can't shoot iron sights worth a darn any more..

With the 2X scope (leupold) at 25 yds, I shot 9 5-shot groups after I got things dialed in. The crosshairs in that 2x pretty much covered up the full dot I was using for an aiming point, so I don't figure these groups are too bad after all. I was shooting Federal AE that I picked up at Cabela's the other day.

Measured edge to edge, subtracted .20 from each, that's about what one hole measured on the paper I had the targets printed on.

Average for all 9, 0.353 inches. .525 largest, .210 smallest. That .210 looked pretty good to me!

All this was with a Bald Eagle bunny ear rear bag for a front rest, no rear rest.

I might have to scrounge around for a pistol scope with more magnification, this thing is pretty fun to shoot! Oh - and this was with a 2lb single stage trigger, somewhere in it's life this pistol had the 10 oz two stage removed and replaced with the single stage (5094). Now I might have to start looking for a reasonably priced 5091 (10 oz) trigger!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure I'd like the two-stage trigger, I've used 'em before. The only one I've seen for sale was about 190 bucks or something like that, and that's not happening real soon.. If I found someone that wanted to trade a 5091 two-stage for my 5094 single stage, I'd do that..

How do you like that 3-12 compact? I've got the 4-12 compact AO rifle scope, and it's awful picky when it comes to eye relief.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Trigger

gordenmcw

I've got a 64 LP that has a 5092 trigger on it. It is a 2 stage that will safely adjust down to 8 1/2 oz. You might look into using this trigger. They are available at
http://www.nealjguns.com/ss_store/index.html

I have a 6-24 Sightron mounted on mine and a Time tuner. Been playing around with it at the bench. I'm not real happy with the 2 stage, been thinking about checking with Neal about a 5100 single stage.

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.