Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
6,314 Posts
No, thank you for an excellent review and explanation of how this tool works.

As we discussed, without a hands on demo of this tool, I haven't been able to light a fire under this. It makes mounting scopes so easy, and with such precision that it's a must have IMO.

Every one of my ranges members that I've shown this to, often when working on their scopes, has purchased one.

But here at RFC it seems most folks either think they've got scope mounting down, or don't quite get what this device does.

I think you may want to modify your threads title to something like.

:Scope mounting for Dummies.
:So you think you know how to mount a scope.:) Sure you do.

You know, a statement that gets people going like ......What, how dare you.

Anyway nice write up.

Smooth.

· Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Just to add second bit of clarification, as murderman has stated, both the contact areas of device are V shaped. You can see that in the first post.

I've used it with scopes the have 24mm objectives all the way up to 60mm.

It could be used on scopes with even smaller or larger objectives than either of those without any issues.

This photo my help to show how it can fit any objective. As I've stated, the extra levels are not needed.

Smooth

· Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Or, for those of us that don't have a wood working shop, or the time to mess around with this, just purchase the original.

And why wouldn't we want to support the designer?

Bottom line is this device works, and it's a minor expense compared to your scopes.

Smooth

· Premium Member
6,314 Posts
What you said is only true at one specific distance.

If you change distance, you'll have to dial for both elevation (expected) and windage. And that's just to effect an elevation change. Crazy!
And both will depend on how much you're canting the rifle at that very moment.

Way simpler to avoid canting the rifle. For those who have trouble with that, just add a scope level to your rifle.

Smooth

· Premium Member
6,314 Posts
I'll await your review in order to add it to my list of happy RFC members (no pressure).:)

All you'll need other than the tool, is a plumb line.

Here's my set up.
TAP PHOTO FOR A LAGER VIEW. The rifle was not quite set to level in this photo.
Notice the scope had just been set into the rings, and is not level yet. Needs to be rotated clockwise.
Total time to attach the rings to the rail, place the scope in the rings, mount the top clamps with just a bit of tension, rotate scope to level, and tighten caps, was 4 minutes.

Smooth.

You can of course use any vertical reference including a fence post, window frame, door jam, edge of a building etc. etc.

1 - 10 of 11 Posts