Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,547 Posts
A few questions about this system:

1) I don't see anything here referencing the bore. The device then assumes that the bore is (correctly) drilled left/right centered relative to the outer circumference of the barrel. Is this correct?

2) Can this device work on octagonal barrels?

3) Does this device have several inserts for the piece at the front of the scope for different sizes of objective lenses you may install?

This looks like a pretty good setup. I usually have to fiddle with vertical alignment a bit, as the scopes tend to rotate a bit while tightening the ring screws. This may not stop that, but at least it makes a quick check for when you've finished.

Thanks for the review and pictures!
TE

· Registered
3,547 Posts
3) Since the device is indexing a "V" to a circle (typically), there are two points of contact, and the neither the diameter of the scope objective nor the barrel matters. There is an adjustment thumbscrew to accommodate various objective diameters and scope mounting heights.
I see where the thumbscrew accommodates various mounting heights, but not various objective diameters. If the piece the thumbscrew attaches to is circular on the bottom, it would seem you need multiple sizes with different radia. On the other hand, if the bottom of that piece were made parabolic - I could see it functioning with all objective sizes without issue.

· Registered
3,547 Posts
Just to add second bit of clarification, as murderman has stated, both the contact areas of device are V shaped. You can see that in the first post.

Ive used it with scopes the have 24mm objectives all the way up to 60mm.

It could be used on scopes with even small or larger objectives than either of those without any issues.

Smooth
That covers the entire range of scope objectives I have. And the picture from the front does make it a bit clearer (better angle maybe).

Thanks for the added clarification! I like this gizmo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts