Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ever Heard Of This Scope?

635 7
http://www.eabco.com/Ruger1022Riflescope.html

Saw these today and thought they looked pretty decent.

Thanks
Kevin
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
http://www.hawkeoptics.com/riflescopes.htm

Interesting, they list a number of dealers in LA on their website, be cool to go check them out, they have some cool looking scopes on their site. That sidewinder is pretty interesting. Supposedly they are all Japanese glass and built in Japan, course that doesn't garuntee anything but it's at least less risky that those made elsewhere.

The kicker for me is that for that kind of money, it'd better have decent glass in it. I don't want ANY distortion at low power. Granted were not talked ED here, but fence posts and telephone poles better appear straight up and down not as a curved line if I'm smaking down $200+ ... I just tried a swift premier, Japanese glass, suppsedly great scope... never got it mounted, took it out of the box, looked at my test pattern, boxed it up, and sent it straight back to midway. About the same scope only $50 or so less. This isn't the first time I've tried off brands either, they typical go back or get sold. What would be really telling is if I could find out the markup on those. Seeing that it comes from EABCO, I am sure they wholesale for a lot less and that's kind of a warning flag to me. Once you crest into the $200+ retail range there are a number of good known quanity scopes out there that it has to compete with.

I would love nothing more than to find out these guys are a dark horse, a real contender. There are two dealers here in OH, both within striking distance. Work will take me past one dealer in about a month, I'm gonna stop in and check them out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds like a lot of features to be stacking in a $200 scope and be good quality. I hope they can pull it off. There really needs to be more independent reviews of scopes. Really hard to drop $200+ on a scope that might be good. So far I think Mueller offers the best entry level scopes at that price range.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well don't hold your breathe on these :( I have a Hawke 3-10x44 Nite-Eye and am not impressed by it much. Had it on my 22LR with sound moderator and at closer ranges you can only use the low range mag or it's very blurred. As I took it off to try out that Nikko Sterling Gold Crown that was proving not goot on a centerfire the Hawke is laying in that scopes box so i might as well plonk it on the 6mm Rifle and see if it's any good on that for range use.

Another poster from the UK had another model on his CZ452 and wa snot impressed with it and is lookign for another scope to replace it. finally I wa sint eh local gunshop a few weeks back and a couple of guys came in and oen had a Hawke of some kind on his CZ452 and he wanted a new scope as the cross hairs had slipped and were now at a 45 degree angle :eek: the scope was only a couple of years old but the shop claimed thay only have a one year warenty so even the importers don't trust them. Cannot find the paperwork which came with mine so cannot comfirm or deny this.

However I am unimpressed enough not to be looking at any other Hawke scoeps and I am still lookign for a varible scope. At present I am looking at the Konus pro range.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What link did you read that they were made in Japan?
Ahhh it seems depending upon exactly which model Hawke you buy some are Japanese Made but of course these are their more expensive models ;) they have one called "Frontier" which the adverts claim is Japanese made and of super high quality, they must think so because the price here is over $600US :eek: .

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
AFAIK they are a common European brand.
they seam to be about he same as typical cheap Chinese scope. price is about the same, quality and performance seams to be about the same.
i have one here but the APV is far better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.