Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start by saying this is a used vq blaster style stock, ruger reciever..920 barrel after getting the stock and preparing to bed it I realized that the inletting was not done well, the escutcheon appeared to be slightly off center and tilted. My only guess is that the previous owner got in a hurry with the inletting and ether moved the escutcheon, replaced it and didn’t drill properly, or horsed the take down screw until it cantered the escutcheon. The escutcheon that is in there now is larger than the one in a ruger stock. after inletting to get all to set proper the stock and receiver area, the escutcheon center is forward and right of the threads in the lug. I may be able to drill out the threads in the escutcheon and be able to screw into the lug but I don’t think this is the best solution as it is still on a wrong angle?
Any suggestions?
Thank you Trigger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try this!

I would see about drilling the hole larger in the stock and getting it inline and then using epoxy to set escutcheon. jgang
ps: if you allow enuf space with the epoxy you can use wood filler and cover up the mistakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.