Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enter August Scores: 25 yd .22 FACTORY SPORTER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------
We never recommend a new shooter start at 50 yards on the USBR target, with a sporter weight rifle. It is the most difficult of the official U.S. Rimfire BenchRest targets.
RULES: Same basic rules as UNLIMITED with the following additions
1. Rifle Value: May not exceed the “NiB” (New in Box) BlueBook value of $500.00. A list of eligible rifles will be compiled. If you are not sure of the value of your rifle: Shoot it anyway. We will tell you if it meets the $500.00 rule.

2. Weight must not exceed 8.5 lbs with scope or iron sights attached.
3. Must have the original factory barrel, and stock. Butt stock may be cut back to fit a Lady or Junior shooter. Barrel must not be rechambered or cut back. Recrowning is allowed.

4. Free floating the barrel and glass/pillar bedding is allowed. Upward pressure on the barrel with shims/glass is allowed. Tuners at the muzzle or screw type tuners in the stock are not allowed. Any labor charge by a gunsmith will not be included in the $500.00 limit.

5. Triggers must be safe. Trigger tuning is allowed. Aftermarket triggers or parts are allowed if the cost of trigger/parts, when added to the blue book vaulue of the rifle, does not exceed $500.00. Any labor charge by a gunsmith will not be included in the $500.00 limit.

6. Scope sights will be limited to not more than 24 power. No limit on the cost of the scope, or iron sights. Diopter lenses are allowed in iron sights,

7. Rests: Elevation and windage adjustments on rests must not be moved after the first sighter shot. A bipod may be attached to the rifle. It will not be included in the 8.5 lb. weight limit.

8. Ammunition Value: 22 Long Rifle Rimfire ammunition must not exceed $6.00 per box of 50 or $60.00 per brick of 500, before transportation or taxes.

9. Box Stock Rifles: The rifle must meet the ,22 Factory Sporter rules, and may not exceed the “NiB” (New in Box) BlueBook value of $500.00: No modifications to the rifle, the trigger, or the bedding. The rifle must be as it came out of the box from the factory. If you shoot a (BOX STOCK) rifle in this class: At the begining of the third line of your score entry: Type (BOX STOCK).
Format Example:
238-3x Bill Holladay. Cody, Wyoming. (Age 12)
CZ 452 American. Bushnell 4-12X. Eley Yellow Box.
Brookie Trigger kit. Free floated barrel. No glass bedding.
Misty rain. Shot under a covered firing line. Dad changed targets.
Another Format Example:
229-1x Sam Spade. New York, New York
Marlin M-25. Tasco 6-24X. CCI Standard.
(BOX STOCK) Front rest was a cement block with a folded up hunting shirt on top. Rear rest wasa shot bag full of sand.
Excuse: First time I ever shot in a match like this.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
My first Box Stock 250.

250-8X Danny Creasy, Florence, AL (sheffieldshootr)
CZ 452 American, Swift Premier 6-18X44, SK SSHP
(Box Stock) 87 degrees with light breezes, kind of a cold waive for Alabama in August.

·
Registered
115 Posts
25yards
241-12x Shane Hurkmans Rhinelander Wisconsin (gunner243)
Remington 510 target master. Mueller 3-9-40 wolf match extra
factory gun no gun work done Caldwell "Rock" rest, Caldwell back rest.(box stock) cloudy with no wind

25yards
238-3x Shane Hurkmans Rhinelander Wisconsin(gunner243)
Remington 580,Mueller 3-9-40 CCI green tag
factory gun trigger work done by me trigger 8oz.Caldwell "Rock" rest, Caldwell back rest.(box stock).

·
36,633 Posts
Sorry to break in with a question. Is my bone stock T/C Classic legal here and is a more powerful scope ok if turn down to 24 (Can't afford another scope?)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Vincent, I know for sure that you can post your TC scores in this thread and in the "autoloader" thread as well. I am almost positive that you can use the variable as long as it is set on 24. I think I remember this question being asked before. Maybe ole Mike will give us a ruling on this one.

Looks like you and Dwight are doing some good shooting with those TCs.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vincent said:
Sorry to break in with a question. Is my bone stock T/C Classic legal here and is a more powerful scope ok if turn down to 24 (Can't afford another scope?)
If you keep the scope power at 24x or less your gun qualifies as long as it weighs 8.5lbs or less with the scope mounted. If it is overweight you can still enter in the unlimited.
good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
two scores from alaska

245-7x; Mike Houle ; Anchorage, Alaska ; (Alaska Mike)
CZ Varmint 22lr; Bushnell 4200 6-24x shot at 24x; CCI Blazer
barrel lug removed, pillar and glass bedded, brookies trigger springs, adjustable sear, trigger at 2lbs 2oz, barrel completely free floated, Millet stackable foam front and rear rests, shot with shoulder and shooting hand on gun.
(winds 4mph, 60 degrees)

233-2x; Susan Houle ; Anchorage, Alaska ; (Mrs. Alaska Mike)
CZ Varmint 22lr; Bushnell 4200 6-24x shot at 24x; CCI Blazer
barrel lug removed, pillar and glass bedded, brookies trigger springs, adjustable sear, trigger at 2lbs 2oz, barrel completely free floated, Millet stackable foam front and rear rests, shot with shoulder and shooting hand on gun.
(winds 4mph, 60 degrees)

·
36,633 Posts
234-3X; Vince Brennan; Inglewood, TN.; (Vincent)
T/C Classic; BSA 8-36X 44mm Platinum shot @ 24X; Wolf ME
Bone stock rifle, no mods of any kind; David Talley mounts; Hoppe front rest;Leather protektor bags front and rear 30years old! First shooting match of any kind: swirling wind, gave up trying to read and just shot.Shooting range sucks:mad: 25 yards you shoot down hill, very uncomfortable. Shot two targets (ran out of ammo) BOTH SCORED 234-3X....That was FUN!!!! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
107 Posts
25 YD factory Sporter ( Box Stock )

242 - 2X Gus Karnes , Mt.Vernon, Illinois
Izhmash Biathlon Basic (Box Stock), Simmons 6-24x X 44mm Shot off sandbags in front , Bunny ear in back, Unsorted Wolf MT, Perfect conditions Witnessed by Adam Nehrt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First target with My new rifle!!!

25Yd Factory Sporter (Box Stock)
240- 5X Molly Karnes (9Yrs old) Mt.Vernon, Illinois
Anschutz 1451D, Famous Maker 24X , Hoppes BR front rest, Bunny ear back bag, Wolf MT (unsorted) Nice Day, perfect conditions, Scored by Adam Nehrt , Witnessed by Gus karnes ( Grinning Father) :t

·
36,633 Posts
Molly Karnes said:
25Yd Factory Sporter (Box Stock)
240- 5X Molly Karnes (9Yrs old) Mt.Vernon, Illinois
Anschutz 1451D, Famous Maker 24X , Hoppes BR front rest, Bunny ear back bag, Wolf MT (unsorted) Nice Day, perfect conditions, Scored by Adam Nehrt , Witnessed by Gus karnes ( Grinning Father) :t
NICE SHOOTING MOLLIE!!!! :t :t

·
36,633 Posts
I was until I realized there was a sporter class. It seemed that is a better description of my Classic. Unlimited Semi is a pretty specialized class. I shot two targets, I guess I could post one in each class can't I. I THOUGHT I shot 234-3X on both target but on further inspection one of them is 234-4X Big Deal. Do you think I should post in both?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.