Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy some to try? This sounds like a real interesting LR ammo that has characteristics many shooters are looking for. Quiet, accurate and just enough horsepower to make vermin dissappear.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Eley Zimmer .22

Happy Gardener - I'd try Eley direct in Birmingham, England. Their website is: www.eley.co.uk

Did someone mention that they are not the same as the 'Z' round? I didn't know this - you learn something new every day!

Shoot safe

Spikey

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The Eley Z Long and the Eley Zimmer LR are not the same.

The Z long is louder than the Zimmer.

They may share the same velocity (800 F.p.s.) but their energy is 36 ft.lb. and 57 ft.lb., respectively, due to Zimmer's 40 grain projectile, as compared to "Z's" 29 grains.

I order the Zimmer by the case (5.000 rounds) via a gunshop. Delivery takes more than a month (I am in Western Europe), and once it took two months to arrive!

The Old Western Scrounger used to carry it in the States, but does not seem to list it nowdays.

It's a pity.

It is one of the best ammo around.

Sometimes I wonder if Eley Co. in Britain still produces it, since I keep getting "older" production/lot code #s.

The Eley Zimmer Lot #s I use are: ZLC005 (made in 1998) and ZLD007 (made in 1999).

Crete

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Crete, I just called Old Western Scrounger about Zimmer. They do not have any in stock and will not be getting any more :(
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.