Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Eley quit making their Trainer ammo? None of the suppliers seems to have it or know when they will get some more. Has it been replaced by European Practice? Are European Ptractice and Trainer the same ammo? Their website doesn't mention either one of these.

·
Registered
947 Posts
eley practice

I was at Champions on Friday and bought a brick of Practice it shoots good in the Anschutz 1700 I picked up while I was there. I haven't had a chance to try it in my other guns yet but it was cheaper than WMT.

·
Registered
947 Posts
eley practice

I'm really not sure yet. The Anschutz I bought the same day seemed to like them both but maybe the Eley better. If I get a chance this week I'll shoot them both and let you know. I think the Eley was like $16.00+ per box vs $23.00 for WMT.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just got some in.

At the shorter distances it preforms as well as the wolf. I shot a 5 shot group at 40 meters (44 yards) that was just unded .3.

BUT, there always seems to be a but, it shot like BAB at 100 meters. I'm talking like 3-4" groups. I then re-feed my gun SK and right back down to 1" at the 100 meters, re-feed the ele practice and total crap. I had a cpl FTE's and had 1 round "blow out" the side of my receiver and get crap in my eye. I shoot a lot of off hand and I hate to use shooting glasses while looking through a scope with the other eye closed, that is why eyes were not covered. BUT I can say in the last 2 cases (10,000 rounds)of SK (wolf MT) that I have used that has NEVER happened. Last this that did that was wal-mart buck a box. Also the "report" of the ammo varried quite a bit in my opinion, I will put it through a crongraph and see if that was my imagination.

I will be using it to practice at the chicken and pigs but nothing further.

Geo

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Bob Collins tells us that Eley moved their entire factory to a new building this spring. It's put them behind in production, so some of their products will be a little scarce until inventories rebuild. By the way, the stuff out of the new factory shoots even better than the old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.