Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ejector question?

215 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  bfishj
Hey guys:

I recently purchased a new silver housing for my 10/22 since the old housing was pretty beat up from years of use. When i installed the new trigger group into the new housing I noticed that I had to forceably push the ejector down in the slot. It doesnt have very much play. Being relatively new to the "gunsmithing" trade I need your help about what i need to do. Should i file the area out so it has a little bit more freedom or leave it as is. I guess I could try shooting it and see if it functions correctly.

I am not really too schooled in the inner workings of the 10/22 to know what everything does, but I knew the place to come!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
Gunsmithing 10/22's and 77/22"s since 1994 Phone 1-860-343-0552
1,267 Posts
Tight is very good, you got lucky... Push ejector down in slot than tap it some more lightly with a small hammer... I do a lot of trigger jobs and for the loose ones I put a drop of glue on the bottom of ejector than tap into place to bottom it out... I learned to do that mostly for shipping reasons, so ejector does not swing backwards and get installed in receiver wrong...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.