Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the little Taurus Model 62 carbines and I'm having some trouble getting to like it. I've only taken it out shooting twice because of it's odd and annoying ejection behavior.

The stupid little thing ejects its shells up and straight back! They generally either hit me on the top of the head (annoying but OK), the face or down the back of my shirt! This is not OK...some have dropped right between my glasses and my forehead, causing me some concern about burns to my cheek or eye. One that went down my shirt stopped on my shoulder/neck junction and left a nasty little burn!

Has anyone else experienced this? Any cures? I haven't tried contacting Taurus yet, but will if no one has any other cures or remedies.

Oh...other than that, it shoots decently and is fairly fun. Hold 12 rounds of 22LR and pretty well puts 'em where the sights are.

Rob

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Teddydog,
I think I would go to Taurus about this. They may know what the problem is and may have a fix for it. Otherwise I'd take it back to where you got it. Those little suckers are hot and could really do eye damage. They could be liable for that.
I think you'll get satisfaction from them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.