Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ebay merchant

577 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  1917-1911M
I was searching for stuff about holsters for my p22 and came across a post that listed the merchant Kaehny on ebay and said he was a crook. I just bought a 3.4 barrel from him and it dod take a while but it got here. Does anyone know what the subject is about him turning people in for buying p22 stuff? Just curious since I just dealt with him and didnt have any problem with the guy

ShootinSurveyor
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Imported parts

There were long threads about this here & on AR-15.com (& probably other boards). Unless something has changed (which I doubt), barrels (& some other parts) are not legal to import unless you have the proper gov. paperwork. ATF was knocking on doors & confiscating barrels that this guy sold. I think this might be a felony?? The penalty for doing this can be severe, but no one reported anything past losing their parts. This guy is in Germany & doesn't give a hoot about US laws or the fines or jail time the buyer might face. He does sell some legal stuff & I bought a red dot scope & mount from him. I was still concerned that ATF would come knocking, but they apparently knew who bought what. I don't think he turned anyone in, but I heard (& aren't surprised) that Ebay was more than happy to provide sales info to the Feds. If someone can point you to the old threads, you need to read them.
I found the one from here -
http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78332&highlight=kaehny

· Registered
3 Posts
Guess I have had good luck

I have bought straight from his web page. Got my 5" and 3.5" barrels, adapters, scope mounts, a real barrel nut and wrench, 'cleaning bottle adapter' and a silencer from him. No problems so far. That's over 3 different orders.

But I covered my tracks somewhat.

The only problem I had was getting the barrels shipped to Kalifornia, they got sent back. Did the Reno PO Box scam and had it shipped there.

BTW to get the Kalifornia barrel off - 30 seconds of MEP gas on the nut, once you get the "POOF" and a flare of burning epoxy, stop, let it cool, nut spins off with fingers - cool down is about an hour, I did burn myself....

mb

· Registered
16 Posts
mbill_ said:
I have bought straight from his web page. Got my 5" and 3.5" barrels, adapters, scope mounts, a real barrel nut and wrench, 'cleaning bottle adapter' and a silencer from him. No problems so far. That's over 3 different orders.

But I covered my tracks somewhat.

The only problem I had was getting the barrels shipped to Kalifornia, they got sent back. Did the Reno PO Box scam and had it shipped there.

BTW to get the Kalifornia barrel off - 30 seconds of MEP gas on the nut, once you get the "POOF" and a flare of burning epoxy, stop, let it cool, nut spins off with fingers - cool down is about an hour, I did burn myself....

mb
I hope you are kidding for your own sake. Even if you are kidding, YOU ARE STUPID. You bought a silencer from this guy? Can you spell ATF? Expect a visit from them real soon. They have people hired who constantly monitor all these gun boards. I bet you rode the shortbus in school, and ate rocks while you licked the windows. :bash:

· Registered
4,886 Posts
The problem is that you can't bring gun parts into the US without an import license. He was shipping them directly to the consumer, bypassing the proper channels.

· Registered
163 Posts
Yea, that was a dumb thing for you to say even if you didnt really buy that stuff .. if you did really buy that stuff and then announce it here, you are a VERY VERY stupid individual that will surely be a guest of the BOP for about 10 years !!

· Premium Member
8,010 Posts
Cops chase down a guy who snatched a womans purse. They bring him back for positive identification. Yeah, that's the woman I snatched the purse from the perp says. :p 1911M How you gonna get that barrel nut back on. Whole hour to cool off, my truck doesn't take that long.

Troll!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.