Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wmrimfire- I was talking about their mag releases. Sorry for the confusion.

Minus- Thanks. In comparison to the VQ parts, I think the eagle are worth the miniscule look sacrifice. As long as it's functional and effiecient that's all I care about.:)

Thanks

-Emt1581

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I have used them on my rifles and I still have one in a action. If you have your bolt release setup for quick release then you will likely have to file off the side of the Eagle release because it can bind the bolt release from working properly.

For the price the Eagle's are ok but the VQ is much better and worth the extra cash IMO.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They work great.

As several have already posted the Eagle mag releases work. Nothing pretty about them or even special. I had one and upgraded to the Ironwood Designs dual action lever(bottom of page). :t It is the bomb! Two functions in one part (releases the bolt when pulled toward the trigger and releases the mag when pushed toward the muzzle). It looks a little long but function over form is what I like in this mod.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
emt1581 said:
I found one for $4. Are they any good? I've heard nothing but bad things about their mags so I figured I'd check.

Thanks

-Emt1581
I used one years back before becoming RFC-literate .......... it did seem to wear alful fast so I would stick with a metal one. Modify your OE release, there are a ton of options that way.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
They are pretty cheap

I like th VQ very much.

If you just want to save money, don't order the Eagle. I had two of them and they are too cheap and flimsy IMHO. If you had caught me a month ago they could have been yours, but they are already in others hands, sorry.

Modifying the factory one by drilling a hole in it and using the factory bolt stop (which you already replaced with a buffer, right) and then epoxying it in, would be a cheaper and better alternative to the Eagle in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.