Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready for something new?

Have you been wanting to compete against others on the Forums, but don't want to "bench" it?
Are you a believer in "aim small, miss small" ?
Want to test yourself with that new rifle?
Would you rather compete with a handgun?

Why not join us in E-mail Silhouette ?
We have targets/classes for .22LR, .22Mag, & .17HMR!
Hows it work?
Simple: Just e-mail
[email protected]
for rules and targets.
Print out a set, and then run off copies (need extras for practice!).
Read the rules completely, shoot your targets at the listed ranges, then e-mail your scores back to me.
Its just that easy.

So,
any takers?

Many thanks to Antlers and BigMac for their contributions towards this project, it would not be possible without you!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Deleated duplicate post after merger)

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
I don't want to clutter up Warren's Sticky with a lot of extra junk, but there has been a bit of a problem printing out the targets.

I'll try to explain it the best I can and if something needs done differently, we can go from there.

I designed these targets to be exactly the same shape as the normal steel ones. I based everything on 100 pixels equals one inch. The files overall image size is 1100 X 850 (8 1/2 X 11 standard paper size). each critter and the little boxes at the bottom are done so that if you adjust your printer to print in landscape, instead of portrait, and set the margins to zero, it should print accurately. To check, one of the boxes should measure exactly 2 inches wide. The correct height for the rifle scaled chicken is 2 1/2" tall.

Give me a holler if it doesn't work out for you that way, or if you have a suggestion to make it easier.

ALSO: Important. There are eight files of critters. The one for rifles of a chicken is named chicken.jpg The one for pistols is named chickenp.jpg In other words, if the animal has a "P" on the end of the name, the target is for pistols. Without the "P" is for rifles.

If you don't intend to shoot a pistol, you won't need the files named chickenp.jpg, pigp.jpg, ramp.jpg, or turkeyp.jpg

Ron

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
sounds like fun, count me in. my 10/22 isnt ready yet but I'll still shoot it as Im makeing the mods. will see how the mods improve the rifle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
M12

I used the targets from your site, I couldn't get the ones emailed to me to print the right size. Are the ones on your site correct and will they be accepted? If so it worked great, i didn't have a single problem.:)

·
Registered
820 Posts
OBX.....M12

I rarely have time to surf all the forums, and accidently ran across this.....I usually only read the CZ, shooting accessories and what's for sale.
I'm sure there are others like me that will miss this.....SO, I'm sure you don't mind, I'll post this on the CZ forum.....I sure would hate to see those guys miss out :D
BTW.....M12, that's a good site you have there.....and I printed the targets you have with no problems....
I hope I can fit this into my schedule.....I have had the USBR Targets for 6 weeks and still haven't gotten time to shoot an On Line match.....
On Line Silhouette Sounds like fun.....
Thanks to OBX, Antlurz, BigMac and M12.....I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I signed up for the last match and unfortunately never had access to a range longer than 25 Yds.

Has anyone had a similar problem?
If so, has anyone adjusted these targets so that they are to scale if shooting at 25 yds? I'd really like to find or make a scale set for shooting at the 25 yard line as I almost always have access to the shorter ranges.

Anyone care to help me with creating a set of these silhouettes for shooting at 25 yds. If I do get one made I'll share the graphic file with anyone interested.

Regards,

Rob

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave,
the addy is rfc_silhouette
@hotmail.com
;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm in, as soon as I see a big brown truck pull up with a package from whistlepig...

Too many toys torn apart! I got 4 rimfires in armsreach, and only 1's not waiting on something from somewere.... and thats not mine :rolleyes:

gonna have to learn a little patience maybe JR would'nt notice if his cz wandered off for an afternoon :)

Kevin

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cowboy4 and others,
Yes we are still having the match, I am in the process of handing the "management" over to another party.
Take care,
warren

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.