Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dusted off my first gun...

I recently got back into shooting after a 10 year hiatus, and decided to dig my first real rifle, a Marlin 25, out of the safe. Its still in great shape, lots of good memories from my childhood accompany this thing. I think it'll make a dandy plinker in addition to my rimfire pistols. Eventually i'll refinish the stock and free float the barrel if I get around to it.

I'd love to upgrade the sights, and have done a lot of searching on here, but still have some questions. I'd ideally like a peep-type rear sight, and I'm wondering if anyone know some that would work. Do any of the Williams sets fit this rifle? Any other suggestions? My eyes aren't exactly as good as they were when I was 10 years old, so the stock setup is a little hard to use.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I would research the actual target style that uses a base. I mounted the grooved for low line of sights, and you'll still need to mount a taller front sight, and it didn't have finger adjustment dials. If i were to do it again, i'd get the ones that have dials to adjust.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been searching brownells, they have the reciever mount rear sight, as well as a tang style, but I dont think i'm going to spend $125 on a rear sight for this particular rifle. I might just go with the model 25 specific firesight set, looks like a low cost, easily installed option.

thanks for the input guys, i'll keep looking

·
Registered
607 Posts
I recommend a tang sight

Hi Rob1035,

I would recommend an old original Lyman (K) or Marble (M3) tang sight for your Marlin Model 25. I put these tang sights on all my old rifles, and they improve my ability to see the front sight and the target properly with these old eyes. Don't put anything on the rifle that requires drilling and tapping mounting holes in the barrel or receiver.

Hossfeathers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.