Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Dump the ammo (sell it) or shoot it up

3766 70
What do you guys do when you get some ammo that isn't performing for you? Sell it or shoot it up? I have some Automatch that seems to give a few FTF in my Ruger MkII, and I am thinking about just selling it off as opposed to burning it up and dealing with the issues. I have 3 325 packs in my locker that I would sell locally. Probably not worth the hassle of selling it for only three boxes.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Phil in Alabama ! Also is this the only ammo with that issue in that gun ? Maybe troubleshoot and tune it up a little. Do you have another.22 ? Sounds like a good reason to get another one to me !!!
I have a few 22s and enough ammo on the shelf. I have a personal issue in that I feel compelled to use something up before I switch to something else. Comes from being raised by parents who weathered the depression and WWII, I guess. I should just shoot some different ammo and put this at the back of the safe.

I will try some in another 22 and see if the issues follow.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
When I first joined here I didn't know squat about the different types of ammo. I just knew I wanted to be involved in rimfire and went out and bought a ton of ammo in the very beginning. Then I learned.
I gave all of it away to the guys in my shop.....as well as a few new rifles.
They shoot anything because they dont have the funds to buy the better ammo.
When I first went out to shoot with them I watched them pickup ejected rounds off the ground and wipe them off to try again. After watching that......I furnish all the Tac-22 they want to shoot.

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
Keep it for trading stock during the Apocalypse.

Or you could use this as a reason to buy a bolt action rifle. ;)
Hah! My bolt-actions are too high-falutin' for cheap ammo. But I have a Single Six for that use... :)

With my Federal blue-box 800-pack, I'm set for a good while if everything else dries up. :) Two 325 AutoMatch boxes are hiding somewhere in the safe as well.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Cowpokey.... the rounds they were using at first were the golden bullet variety. Those were the ones they were picking up.
That's when I switched them to the Tac-22. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. No issues with the Norma

·
Registered
236 Posts
What do you guys do when you get some ammo that isn't performing for you? Sell it or shoot it up? I have some Automatch that seems to give a few FTF in my Ruger MkII, and I am thinking about just selling it off as opposed to burning it up and dealing with the issues. I have 3 325 packs in my locker that I would sell locally. Probably not worth the hassle of selling it for only three boxes.
Just use it for fouling shots/warmups and get on with it.
Fred

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just found a couple boxes of those 'golden' bullet 22's, along with some of those copper plated, maybe they're mini-mags.
I think I've had them laying around from my single-shot Stevens days as a kid. I can't imagine putting them through any quality guns today......
What ever was the idea behind those things anyway ?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts