Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Wade,

the method that I gave you is the method used by hunters; it is the quiet method.

I looked at my 64 action closely and what really puzzles me with your unwanted discharge is that the safety on the 64 action with the DST is only blocking the trigger and hooks into the bolt handle to lock the bolt against opening.

If the gun fires when taking the safety off, it means that after you pull the front trigger with the safety on, the rear trigger must still have the pressure of the pre-load on it. On top of the trigger unit are two blades, the left one is for the front trigger when it isn't set. When the trigger is set, then the bigger right blade is set down against the heavy weight of the big clip spring and hooks into the front trigger.
When the front trigger is pulled, the right blade is pushed up by spring pressure and hits the roller #5001 which trips the sear.

In the below photo you can see a keyhole in the upper assembly. When the safety is turned on, the safety goes forward into the elongated part and blocks the roller from going up to trip the sear.

When the adjustment screw is tightened, the left trigger blade will be raised but still be lower than the right blade. I don't see where this can be the cause but since I see no other probable cause, I would also recommend turning the adjustment screw out a 3/4 turn and try it again.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
The only thing that I can imagine ( after checking two more 64s with DST's) is that the safety is not engaging properly. Maybe the hook that goes into the bolt handle lug is bent and does not allow the safety to be fully engaged???

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Wade,

I am not a friend of permanent alterations of a crucial gun part like the receiver. The sear protrusion of the 5056 and 5001 can be manipulated by changing the geometry of the bracket; if the tab in front is bent - or a washer added - so that the front end is lowered, the triggerplate will automatically pivot upwards and be raised. I would have rather shortened the two cams of the sear (part 85) than recontouring the receiver. A new trigger plate (part 79) wouldn't have been too hard to find, either.

Did you already download the manual from the Anschütz website? It is the one for Modell 1416 ST, 1516 ST 1966-01-01_DE

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
The trigger bracket of the 5056 and 5001 are the same with the difference only in the DST sear where the 5056 has the trigger bar.

I enjoy the quality of older firearms that are no longer made and have spare parts for pretty much all my guns, with the Anschutz rifles being among the less expensive ones.

If you send me your email, I can also send you the manual. It helps to use the correct name for each part, especially since there are so few informative posts about the DST and its operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.