Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Dry Teflon powder lubricate for P22

730 7
I have read the posts that you should use Remoil with Teflon to lubricate a P22 because of wear issues with say grease or oil lubricates. My dad was a machinist and had a squeeze bottle of dry Teflon powder lubricate. Could this be used to lubricate a P22?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
837 Posts
I have read the posts that you should use Remoil with Teflon to lubricate a P22 because of wear issues with say grease or oil lubricates. My dad was a machinist and had a squeeze bottle of dry Teflon powder lubricate. Could this be used to lubricate a P22?
It can be used. Remember to clean the parts well before using it. I prefer Moly (Molybdenum Disulfide). You can get it at KG Coating:
http://kgcoatings.com/mm5/merchant....e=KGC&Product_Code=R607&Category_Code=gunlube

I like the KG 7 and KG 10 the best.

If you are still unsure, clean and inspect the gun closely then use the new lube. After shooting it check the gun again for any additional wear not there before. You will have to have it clean again to make inspection easier. Also check how well the gun preforms with the new lubrication. You might have to do this a couple of times to get good results. If things work better or the same and no abnormal wear found it should be good. It still is a good idea to make a visual inspection with every cleaning to ensure you don't have unsafe conditions come up.

· Premium Member
8,000 Posts
Way back when I purchased the "test gun", the one pictured in the disassembly sticky I obtained some moly/teflon from a gunsmith friend. He had gotten it from someone in the Air NG and was told it was a mixture of moly powder and teflon powder. Sounds OK to me, anyway, I'm not sure how teflon alone would work but I bet well. The molybdenum is a fine particle that will stick to the metal and making a very thin protective and lubricating coating. It will not build up so there is no point in trying to slob on a thick layer. This may be true for teflon also.

We have been calling the Remington Remoil with Teflon a "dry" lubricant because the carrier for the teflon, the oil ????? is so light it evaporates leaving a non oily, non sticky gun.

I'd be interested in hearing how dry, powdered teflon works. All the KG products I have are top notch. M1911

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies. I hope to get out to the range this week and see how well the Telfon powder works. I have tried to find out somthing about this powder. But, have not been able to find it listed with any of the machinist tool supply companies. It is a very fine white powder that when you squeeze the bottle blows a fine coating onto what ever you are lubricating.

· Registered
837 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I hope to get out to the range this week and see how well the Telfon powder works. I have tried to find out somthing about this powder. But, have not been able to find it listed with any of the machinist tool supply companies. It is a very fine white powder that when you squeeze the bottle blows a fine coating onto what ever you are lubricating.
The first time I saw this I was in the Military and a friend that ran the armory was using it for the trigger of his target pistol. He was impressed with how well it worked. Now you just find the same stuff in cans with a cleaner/suspension agent. You just have to wait for a little time to pass for it to dry. With what you have there is no wait time at all. Dry lube is great stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.