Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LET THERE BE AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION
Howdy, just picked up a tear dropped magazine for the 1022. It is made by CMF for Mitchell Arms. It holds 50 rounds and has a clear face (one can see the rounds), the front has a belt clip. Does anyone have any experience with this magazine?? Please help with your experience or expertise? Thanks!

·
Registered
584 Posts
reg,

I don't know what LOSTPOKE's question was, but while we're on the subject I have a question about the Mitchell 50 rd. I know, the Ruger 10rd is the best mag available but I had always heard that if you wanted a 50 rd mag that the Mitchell was the best so I bought one. I know that the Ramline is junk. My Mitchell mag doesn't work very well. When you insert the mag the first round is slightly pushed down by the bolt and this causes the third round to hang up in the lower part of the feed lips. Kind of hard to explain, but maybe you get the picture. It also does this when firing. I've tried new feed lips, more spring tension, different ammo, and anything else I could think of with no results. Is this a problem with the Mitchell mags or did I get a defective one?
Thanks!
JJW

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey JJW,

One of my mags has the same problem. It was a used mag that had a new belt installed. I tried various fixes but never did get it right. Use the search function for Mitchell mag here on RFC to read the various proposed solutions or check back about 18 months in my posts.

My two newer MWG mags work fine.

If you figure out how to free yours up let me know so I can fix mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.