Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Drop in aftermarket trigger groups

998 11
Well I can't seem to get my trigger just how I want it so I am going to look at going with a professionally made one. So far the three I am looking at are:
VQ 2000
Skeeter
Jard
If you have first hand experience with these please share. I have spent the evening searching and reading but I would like to condense all my information in one thread before I make my purchase.

Thank You

Will
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the KID is a superior trigger group just a bit out of my budget for now.
JTS tell me more about your VQ trigger please. What you like about it what you don't like about it.

thank you

Will

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know the KID is a superior trigger group just a bit out of my budget for now.
JTS tell me more about your VQ trigger please. What you like about it what you don't like about it.

thank you

Will
Will,
If I were you I would stick with the trigger group you have untill you get enough cash for the Kid trigger. If you buy a cheaper one all that will happen is they you wont be 100% happy with it and eventually you will shell more cash out on a Kid.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
I own all three, including two 1-lb Jards, Two very light Kidds, a Skeeter, and several VQ2000s.

Preference depends on use. The two stage Kidd I prefer for non-bench target shooting. I don't like the 2-stage for Bench type shooting. I prefer the Jard. For field and paper, I prefer the Skeeter and the VQ. I have more VQs than any other kind. If you decided to go with the VQ, buy them from Hornet products. They take the time to tune and polish them, much more satisfactory than those from the factory.

If I had to buy one more all-around TG, it would be a Hornet VQ2000. The Skeeter is comparable, but I can't keep from tuning them into a bad configuration :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.