Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure how my 10/22 acted prior to modding since I didn't record anything down.

Anyway, I took apart the trigger assembly to put in my VQ mods but the one thing I didn't touch was the safety. It never came out.

Anyway, I noticed that if I push the safety in (on) while the gun is not cocked, there will be a little sliver showing on on the side. In other words, it's not flush. Then once I cock it, I can push it in that last bit til it's flush.

I have tried the safety test and it never fails. Actually once it did and the way I got it to fail was by pushing the safety in (on), cocking it, then without pushing it in flush, I kept pulling the trigger and shaking the receiver/trigger assembly vigorously. Eventually the safety worked itself out (off) and I pulled the trigger.

Anybody experience anything similar?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Instruction Manual

sygyzy,

Where is your Instruction Manual for Model 10/22 Carbine...? ? :confused:

THE SAFETY AND ITS OPERATION
The 10/22 Carbine has a cross-button safety which is located in the forward position of the trigger guard. (Figure 1). The safety can be operated (moved from one position to the other) only when the hammer is cocked. [Ruger]
If you do not have an Instruction Manual, one maybe obtained FREE by calling 'Ruger" at: 1-603-865-2442

When all else fails, read the directions...! ! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.