Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Does anyone do any trick shooting?

894 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  bebo
Ive done some and I love it! I use my Marlin model 60 with the factory open sights. I can shoot coins out of the air pretty regularly, split playing cards, and even shot some "smarties" candies out of the air. Charcoal bricks are pretty fun too because they turn to a cloud of black dust. I tried shooting through the center of a life savers candy but couldnt with the set up i had. Im going to try to shoot the edge of an ax and hit two targets soon. Before this weekend, I hadnt done any trick shooting for 6 or 8 months so I was a little rusty.

Here is a picture of a card I split in half this weekend. Shot from 15 yards. Took 6 shots

On Easter, we always shoot the eggs that we dye. Here are a few pics of us shooting eggs

My youngest cousin shooting my Fiance's Pink camo Marlin 925

My dad layin down shootin his Buckmark, and me shooting my Marlin 981T
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
Nice shooting and great pics!

I do some trick shooting as well.
Me shooting Necco wafers out of the air with an airgun:
(I use airguns for aerial shooting for safety reasons around my place)

Watch in fullscreen to see the hits!

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Haven't had the chance to try any trick shooting, but would love to get into it someday. As the bare minimum, like to do some shooting from the hip since I already have a SA revolver and like the whole western vibe. Being able to shoot coins out the air would be incredible, but I don't have access to the right space/range for that currently.

· Registered
436 Posts
option

sounds like you need a henry mares leg, with 22 shot shells, could be interesting. anybody know what effective and max range of 22 shot shells is? was actually thinking of getting rid of mine,may have found a fun use for it. thanx

· Registered
156 Posts
That's really cool.

I've never even thought of trying it.

What tips can you share?
e.g. - what aerial targets to start off with?
was thinking maybe aluminum cans as a bigger target with more hang time, then maybe move to briquettes, and then to coins?

· Registered
726 Posts
That's really cool.

I've never even thought of trying it.

What tips can you share?
e.g. - what aerial targets to start off with?
was thinking maybe aluminum cans as a bigger target with more hang time, then maybe move to briquettes, and then to coins?
That's exactly how I started out. Worked my way down from 8 oz aluminum cans. (last shot in the video I posted of me doing some aerial shooting)

· Registered
186 Posts
I used to shoot pennies in the air with my BB gun. I would throw a penny in the air and hit it (sometimes). I got the idea back in the 60s from what I remember was an Army program. My neighbor and I had a lot of fun then. I don't remember how many I could hit.

A couple of years ago, I tried it with my Daisy 880 and would hit about 1 in 10 to 1 in 15. Good exercise with a pump BB gun. I have some dented pennies around here somewhere. Like everything you get better with practice.

Wear eye protection.

· Registered
12 Posts
I used to shoot pennies in the air with my BB gun. I would throw a penny in the air and hit it (sometimes). I got the idea back in the 60s from what I remember was an Army program. My neighbor and I had a lot of fun then. I don't remember how many I could hit.

A couple of years ago, I tried it with my Daisy 880 and would hit about 1 in 10 to 1 in 15. Good exercise with a pump BB gun. I have some dented pennies around here somewhere. Like everything you get better with practice.

Wear eye protection.
the army program you are referring to was called quick kill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.