Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the 10/22's, specifically the stainless steel with wood stock. However, after reading some of the posts on the boards here, it looks like the magazines have some problems?

Do they require frequent cleaning, and how tricky is the adjustment?

Are there any good aftermarket ones that don't have problems, or is it the nature of the beast?

I just want to plink around on the range, and don't really want to have a lot of problems.

Thank you again....

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
BX-1 Magazines

marcb,

Remember, no one Posts that their magazines are working fine...! ! :eek:

I have about 10 or so, and they function flawlessly...! ! :cool:

That is with 25K rounds fired...! ! :eek:

The only Posts you will see here are when someone is having a problem...! ! :(

Just like the front page of your local paper: "If it bleeds, it leads...." :eek:

Cleaning: about every brick or so, depending upon how dirty the ammo you are using is..... ;)

The "Ruger" BX-1 ten round rotary magazine is the most reliable of any magazine; it is so far out in front of what ever might be next, they aren't even in the same class...! ! :eek:

Service: Read the "Sticky" Post at the top of this Forum.

Hope this helps....! ! :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Factory Magazine

for the 10/22 is a marvel of engineering genius. It is the heart of a 10/22. These magagines are among the most reliable and trouble-free available on any semi-auto. Sometimes, however, they do require a little TLC when brand new because QC at ruger seems to have slipped some in this regard. Fortunately, they are very easy to tune. Follow the directions in the sticky at the top of the "10/22 Action" forum entitled "Sticking Magazine ...." Perform this maintenance IF IT IS NECESSARY and you should not be disappointed in your magazine's function. I have personally never had a problem with one of these magazines.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says : Do read the " Magazine service " memorize it.
live it with your 10-22 . A weak magazine will give you much
headaches.
I have over 100 10-22 magazines . Not one of them came
from Ruger in perfect condition. Each was reset , cleaned,
and max torqued for perfection .
At any given time , I know if there is a fault in the action.
It wont be because the magazine was at fault.

Magazine Servive " LIVE IT "

cd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.