Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or, rather, do I wanna buy a Kidd trigger? I need someone to explain the "2 stage" description of the trigger. Is there a take up then the lite break? I know everyone that has one loves them, you don't have to convince me of that. I also know the quality of the trigger. I guess what I'm looking for is a detailed description of the trigger pull start to finish.

PS

Just got income tax back. Can you smell smoke comin' from pocket? Big investment, Exchange, duties, pst & gst (taxes),Customs handling fees, etc. brings my price to about $550. CDN.:eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
A two-stage trigger means that you have a very light pull for a certain distance, and then you feel the trigger hit a stop. This is the breaking point. You exert a little more pressure, and it fires. In a good two-stage trigger, the initial pull is light and very smooth, with just enough resistance to make it clear that its controlled, and not just hanging loose. The breaking point is at the same spot every time, so you can pull right up to where it breaks, and still ease off if you want to. Once you reach that point, a little bit more pressure (depending on how the trigger is adjusted) causes it to trip, with no additional creep or mushiness. This is the proverbial glass rod breaking.

Kidd's trigger is superb, and the best thing about it is that you don't have to have any idea how it works if you don't want to. You call Tony up and tell him how heavy a pull you want, and when it comes, you take it out of the box, pop it into your rifle, and head for the range. I asked for a one-pound pull and I haven't bothered trying to change it. I like it just as it is.

My only regret is that he hasn't come up with a stainless finish model yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Jewell trigger and think it is the best, but they are no longer offered for sale. Arnold Jewell told me the Kidd trigger was superb. He can't get a better compliment than that. Thebarrelman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.