Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling Savage is going to refuse to tell me this since they're the most god awful lawyer run company out there, but I need to know how to disassemble my Mark II bolt. I can't figure out how to seperate the rear portion, and it's rusting so it's a bit urgent that I get it apart. Isn't living up to the all weather name very much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Described in Gun Digest Book of Firearm Assy/disassy

In the (rim fire rifle) book, they include a chaper of Lakefield Mark 2 which appears to be the same as Savage Mark2 except the trigger assembly. It says
* push the cocking lug off its step to lower the striker to fired position
*grip the cocking lug in a bench vise and pull the front portion of the bolt forward to expose the striker spring retaining nut. The nut takes a 5/16 in wrench. On the bolt body, a 9/16" wrench can be used.
*After the nut is broken loose, the front portion of the bolt can be unscrewed from the nut by hand.
*Remove the wrench to allowthe nut to snap rearward, partially relieving the tension of the striker spring. Pull the spring back from the front end of the guide and pry off the c-clip retainer. Then you can take part out one after another.
Assemble:
The bench vise will have to be used as in disassembly for installlation of the spring retainer nut. After the C-clip installed, pry the nut forward and attach the 5/16 inch wrench to hold it in position for attachment of the bolt body. Remember that the bolt must be recocked before it is put back into the receiver.

I have not done it myself, do not know if it is correct or represent current Savage MK2. Hope this helps. You should be able to find the book in library.

Hank

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$4.05 in wrenches saved me 20 in shipping, thank you very much. Only took a few minutes to get apart, and is quite simple actually, and there's no spring flying anywhere so their "liablity" argument is a farce. Local gunsmith wanted 35 to do this exact same thing, why is everyone in the gun industry so dishonest anymore?:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.