Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a used Walther P22 ( not marked S&W) And experienced all the horror stories I have heard and more.It came with the old mags so some of this may be related to those.Did not want to pick up a round from the mag,when inserting a mag the slide would drop,when the gun would cycle the hammer would follow,failure to extract
and i couldnt get a group to save my A##.Guess i will call Walther customer service next week and see what can be done.Any other suggestions?
Chip

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought a P-22 new a couple of months ago. It came with the modified mags. No problems with K-Mart Dynapoints or CCI Mini Mags. If you check some of the other threads, you'll see that there are ammo-related issues.

On the other hand, there's another thread that shows pictures of the mods done to the clips. A little time with a dremel, or a call to customer service to swap out the clips may, combined with ammo change, make your P-22 as faultless as mine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried cci standard and federal gold match.It did better with the cci.i am sure ammo tinkering would help some but i have the mags with known problems and ammo should have no effect on the slide closing when putting in the mag or the hammer following the slide when cycling.Called walther today and before i got out all the problems they said they would send a fed-ex pick up tag and to send them the gun.I sure hope they can line it out because i think it would make a nice plinker.
Chip

·
Registered
626 Posts
when the bugs are worked out you will love it. you can mod. the mags yourself, as far as the slide releaseing that might of been modified.??? but walther can tell ya that.
john

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.