Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up the bolt on the left. Definetly a second series bolt, but I have never seen one with a hole in the cocking piece, all of mine like the one on the right are solid. Cocking piece has not been drilled, inner edges are blued and rounded. May be common, does anyone else have one like it? Thanks Bob

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have not seen or heard of one ever being done like that. seems like a place for crap to get into. check over at www.24hourcampfire.com. they have a good savage forum there. and www.savageshooters.com. looks home done to me as the top side seems to ge thinner on the edge than the bottom, or it maybe the camera lens

Andrew

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably the camera angle Andrew, edges are pretty universal. I thought the same, a sure avenue for dirt to enter. I'll drop a picture in over on 24 hr. but I have seen a lot of Savages, and this is the first one of this type that I have observed. Thanks - Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.