Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has been talked about alot. However, I have heard all kinds of opinions and not very many testimonials. So, did you glass bed your CZ and what were the results?
Now that I can get less than dime size groups @50, I want more!
Pete

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
I have 4 CZ, trainer, Varmint, American and Super Exclusive/ultra lux all 22LR.
I glass bedded the varmint into a custom stock and did away with the barrel lug. It really helped. I just glass bedded the ultra lux last night will shoot it tommorow. The trainer and american shoot so good I am waiting too see if they need it. Probably do the American and the trainer is the most accurate will leave it alone, unless I get a wild hair.........

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recumbent, thanks for the reply. Can you tell me where the hard points are on the Varmint. I think I am going to have someone do mine for me, and would like to get an idea of where the hard points should be.
Is the barrel bedded at all?
Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
I took the barrel lug off and used pillar bedding on the action screw. I bedded 1 1/2 inches of barrel back to the receiver, bedded the pillar on the action screw and bedded the rear tang of the action, I also bedded the entire trigger guard assembly. This gave me a really good firm base for the action to set in. Then I tried different torque setting for the one action screw, mine likes 24 inch lbs.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Mine was loose in the stock (american 452) Tightened down the stock screws and still loose, like hold the stock and shake it loose LOL. The test target was almost 2"- I know these guns will shoot far better than that-
Bedded it, it cant help but shoot better, waiting on rings and the ultra compact 4x Burris before I can shoot it.
I will clamp my fixed 24x target scope on if it fits out of curiosity, but it will live with a very small 4x scope for what its intended function will be.

·
Registered
203 Posts
At http:www.cz452.com there is an example of piller bedding. All CZ 452 Varmint do not have a action-barrel screws. My 17 HM2 Varmint rifle has one screw in front of the trigger guard. I glassed bedded the action and about a inch of the barrel. I did not piller bed it. I have freefloated the barrel and adjusted the trigger pull down to 2 3/4 pounds. My best 100 Yd ten shot group was 1.1 inches. I may yet piller bed the rifle. I have gotten under 1/2 inch five shot groups using Hornady ammo but CCI was over a inch at 50 Yds. All of the tune up improved the groups about 1/4 inch. I have read that by useing a 6 MM set screw in the barrel slide for the rifles with two screws will improve accracy . Some times one has to expermint to impove accracy.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Feral the barel lug should be a slip fit in it's dovetail. The lug on my Varmint is loose enough to fall out if the barreled action is tipped on it's side while out of the wood.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
The lug on a Lux is part of the sight and silver soldered to the barrel. You should not remove it IMHO....

FeralScope said:
What method are you guys using to remove the barrel lug? I have a CZ-452 lux

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.