Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The last P22 I bought developed a hair line crack. Got it replaced, sold it.

Mine cracked fast, cracked in only a few thousands rounds. Although, I was using Stingers but hey, it shouldn't me that delicate to begin with.

Anyway, I'd like another one but I don't want to go threw the cracking issues again.

Someone told me Walther fixed these issues. Is this true?

I was looking at some of the other day that a dealer claimed was the new version that fixed the issues but I pop out the magazine and see a "A" mag. I kinda laughed and said so they fixed the cracking issues and went back to "A" mags huh? Guy had no clue what I was talking about.

I either want to get another Walther P22 or a Kimber Rimfire slide kit for my Kimber PRO CDP.. The P22 is my first choice unless it's just going to crack again.

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
Walther doesn't talk much about what they do. Most manufacturers don't. You would have to look very carefully at a new slide vs. and old one and probably take metal thickness measurements with a micromerter to be able to tell any difference.

I really don't think Walther has made too many changes, new "B" mag, some roll pins with alligator teeth that stay put, they reprofiled the hammer years ago, my latests appeared to have threadlocker in several spots, "O" ring under the barrel nut to help it stay tight.

Apparently they got past the bad metal in the hammer springs. You don't hear much about that anymore and it seems nearly all recent posts give the new extractor a thumbs up. Perhaps they've tweaked the slide return spring, the hammer spring, and other stuff that is hard to see. Those Germans are sneaky you know. :p

Unfortunately they haven't polished the trigger bar ears from what I keep reading but they might one day. Stingers are too powerful for the pistol in my opinion. They cost too much and aren't accurate. It's a .22, you can't make a 9mm out of it no matter what you load it with. Give me the bulk stuff. My 2 cents. ;) M1911

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.