Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The idea is to put my 982vs 22 mag action into a Revival stock. So I had to order 917VS trigger guard parts since the 982VS comes with a plastic stock and no trigger guard. (but is identical in action size to a 917vs.)

The trigger guard they sent me is a cast pot belly metal piece with an enamel gray finish. I thought it was going to be a stainless steel trigger guard to match the action finish. Is this cheap looking trigger guard the right part for a 917VS? The trigger guard part # on the receipt is 883ss which makes me suspicious.

If it's the right piece being cast pot belly steel on a 917vs, (instead of stainless steel) then I guess I can learn to live with it.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
Sounds like you have the right parts. You just described my 917VS trigger guard. If you would like I can post a picture when I get home. The revival stock will not be drilled for the trigger guard screws or the magazine floor plate screws so you can drill your own. If the stock action screw for the trigger guard is not correct just replace it with a wood screw like the other one to hold it on to the stock.

What holds your plastic stock on?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recumbant,

I couldn't stand the suspence, and took my rifle apart to examine it. That long screw from Marlin does go through the front of the plastic stock in front of the trigger guard. I panicked and posted too soon.

So then you are confirming that there is no stainless steel trigger guard on a 917 right? If this is so, then Marlin sent me the proper parts, and I am ready to do a Revival Tundra installation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
That is correct the trigger guard is pot metal painted silver. I have the Tundra stock on a 917M2 and love it.

22ingaround said:
Recumbant,

I couldn't stand the suspence, and took my rifle apart to examine it. That long screw from Marlin does go through the front of the plastic stock in front of the trigger guard. I panicked and posted too soon.

So then you are confirming that there is no stainless steel trigger guard on a 917 right? If this is so, then Marlin sent me the proper parts, and I am ready to do a Revival Tundra installation.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.