Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was gonna get me a new 22lr for Easter, we went today and got something I have been wanting a long time. My wife said after we went to the shop to pick whatever I wanted up to $500. We are on such a tight budget I have no idea how she saved that much, must have took a while. I decided on an auto and they had two Rugers and one S&W. The S&W was the victory but was $475 otd and I passed on it, the one Ruger was a Mark 3 22/45 target with about 3-4 inch barrel used and had case for $300 otd, the other Ruger was a brand new Ruger Mark 4 22/45 with 5-6 inch barrel for $400 otd. I bought the new Ruger Mark 4 22/45, I still want a birds head Wrangler but it can wait as I love this new gun. This is my first Ruger auto handgun, did I do ok on price and what do I need to know about this gun from owners of it now. How well do you like yours? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife was gonna get me a new 22lr for Easter, we went today and got something I have been wanting a long time. My wife said after we went to the shop to pick whatever I wanted up to $500. We are on such a tight budget I have no idea how she saved that much, must have took a while. I decided on an auto and they had two Rugers and one S&W. The S&W was the victory but was $475 otd and I passed on it, the one Ruger was a Mark 3 22/45 target with about 3-4 inch barrel used and had case for $300 otd, the other Ruger was a brand new Ruger Mark 4 22/45 with 5-6 inch barrel for $400 otd. I bought the new Ruger Mark 4 22/45, I still want a birds head Wrangler but it can wait as I love this new gun. This is my first Ruger auto handgun, did I do ok on price and what do I need to know about this gun from owners of it now. How well do you like yours? thanks for any help.
Congrats on your new Ruger. Given the same options, I'd have made the same choice. I've owned over a dozen Ruger Semi-22 over the past 40 or so years. All good guns, but the Mk. IV is my favorite. Keep it clean and don't drop it on the concrete floor and you'll be good for just about ever.
Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats on your new Ruger. Given the same options, I'd have made the same choice. I've owned over a dozen Ruger Semi-22 over the past 40 or so years. All good guns, but the Mk. IV is my favorite. Keep it clean and don't drop it on the concrete floor and you'll be good for just about ever.
Rob
p.s. Both the Ruger and Your Wife; DEFINATE KEEPERS, (not necessarily in that order!)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Congratulations. The Mark IV is the better choice and you stole it. Around here they are selling for upwards of $ 600.

Shoot the heck out of it before you do any upgrades. The trigger will smooth out but if you want the best trigger buy the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit. It brought my pull down from 6 pounds to 2.

Pictures count by the way.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Rob
I gotta ask....What happens when you drop it on a concrete floor??? :unsure::whistle: :D

OP, you made a very good choice!! :cool:

I picked one up yesterday, myself. :)

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
You made the best choice by far!!!!!

(Both pistol and wife.)

I love my MK4s.

Wood Trigger Air gun Gas Gun barrel

You can get extra barrels cheap from Volquartson so you can quickly change sights.

Office supplies Writing implement Pen Tints and shades Ball pen

Have fun.

Reactions: Tacoma

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
You did good. That's the one I would have picked, hands down. Treat your ( very thoughtful) wife to something nice with the change! As for learning more about the MK IV 22/45, there is a whole subforum on that model here. There are also countless Youtube video reviews /how to's on tweaking it. Enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts