Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
22" barrel

After about a year the stainless, 22", fade-flute sporters p/n 901917 are finally near completion. They are finish machined and going out for laser engraving our logo shortly. They are very good looking barrels, now I just need to find the guy that won it !? Anyway, probably be a couple weeks and they'll be ready.

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sorry these barrels are being delayed, they're still waiting their turn in polishing prior to going out for laser marking. It looks like another couple weeks anyway. Gordon, we have a new non-fluted heavy taper sporter in stock. They're 17" blue or stainless, same type of heavy taper Ruger uses on their varmint rifles. This will require stock mods but not a huge amount, the barrel band probably won't fit but I've not tried it. The heavy sporter part numbers are 901700 blue and 901701 stainless. :boohoo:

Rick

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Rick - thanks for the reply. I've got an older DSP style stock I've been fiddling with, so the barrel band isn't an issue. I'm going to have to think about one of these (LOL - probably after the new house is done.. ) to go along with that stock after the refinish work is done. Sounds like it would be a nice combo. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm a fan of longer barrels; they look much better to me. It's the lines that are important to me. Short barrels don't seem to look as good as the longer ones. I had a sporter weight barrel made in Stainless Steel, that is 22" long, with an aluminum receiver, in a Claude Gatewood stock. It's topped with a silver 4x scope with silver attaching hardware. It's drop dead beautiful. It shoots great too.
You guys won't be unhappy with the 22" barrels when they come available.
Don

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got the GM 22" sporter in blue

It must have been maybe two years ago, or so when I got one of the 22" GM sporter barrels in blue. Haven't seen any since. I think it was one of the last of eight available at that time. Can't remember what I paid. Maybe $99.00 shipped to my door. Looks great in my DSP stock. Only modification I made was a little sanding with a dowel to free float the barrel. This is a great shooter and bad news for squirrels in the Indiana woods this time of year. Good eating for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.