Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or did they take Tom Burczynski's (developer of the Hydra-Shok and PMC's Starfire as well) design and somehow weakened it?:confused: My supply of the older MPB stuff was running low, (it's my favorite armadillo rd.) so it's off to the dealer to purchase the new CCI version. Wow, visually/obvious is a real hollow point instead of the older "dimple", nice copper wash, and a longer case. Does this newer rd. still have a 36gr.bullet weight? I know that some firearms will like it, and some won't as far as accuracy goes, but have it's terminal effects been altered as well? 'Any feeding problems with the newer stuff? Who has shot both, and what are your conclusions?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I see the CCI version as much better than the MPB. The CCI is a lighter bullet. The MPB version will not function in my SP-101, (extraction is almost impossible) my TPH and other of my guns. The CCI version seems hotter to me but I have no chrono. The MBP will work in my 10-22, but I see the CCI as a better round.
"Terminal" effects on water-filled milk jugs seem to favor the CCI round. I have about 400 rounds of the MPB on hand and about 900 of the CCI.

PS: I checked the CCI and it's a 32 grain bullet. Same case as the Stinger. The CCI is also called MPB for maximun performance bullet.

·
Premium Member
1,137,407 Posts
I shot the CCI subsonic segmented ammo through light weight 16.9 oz water bottles. One entrance hole and three exits. That's pretty fast coming apart.
Ditto another CCI Segmented fanboy here. Even the 710fps Segmented separates into 3 equal segments in a limb chicken @ 20yds..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.