Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2400XL (with GravMag) and an Airbug. The Airbug is by far the better tool.

I have big hands, so the Airbug's grips are good. I'd still like to make a custom replacement that doesn't have the block at the bottom (it's in my way).

Best of all, the bolt is on the correct side. It's obvious the Crosman is just re-using rifle parts. For the price you'd think they'd flip things over for the 90% of us that aren't lefties.

OTOH, my left-handed son finds the Crosman a better fit for him.

Andy

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just picked up an Airbug from Pyramyd Air. With a rail (3D printed) and a red dot it's a shooter. Great value for 130 bucks. Chose it over a Crosman 2240XL. Check out the Buck Rail blog on what he has coming for an AR style collapsible stock/grip conversion for the Chaser, Bandit, and Airbug.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
The only bad thing for me in these recent purchases, I ordered a Diana Airbug from airgunns.com (yep, 2 s's) on December 22nd. I still haven't received it and the vendor isn't returning e-mails, there is no phone number, and lo and behold, when I googled reviews for this vendor, they aren't good.
Airgunns.com is a scam site. They have actually stolen the identity of Airguns of Texas, a legitimate airgun business. Hopefully you used a credit card to get your $$ back.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Air Bug

FWIW, an earlier posgter expressed concern about the magazine spoiling the "sight lines."
I typically use the single load platform anyway, but with the magazine in place I find it easy to ignore the bulge of the mag. which is clearly below the level of the rear sight blade.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This looks interesting. I have a Beeman P3 which is awesome and very accurate but Im getting a bit older and pressurizing that thing is getting harder :eek:man: so one of these co2 pistols would be a blast :Blasting_

·
Registered
610 Posts
I likewise have an HW40 (same pistol as the P3 just badged as Weihrauch rather than Beeman), and I get serious leverage fatigue long before I get to 50 shots of charging the cylinder with single pump cocking. The trigger on my Chaser is almost as good as the HW40's trigger, and emptying a CO2 cartridge with 50 or so shots at an average of 150fps faster than the HW40's velocity, is a welcome convenience!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I likewise have an HW40 (same pistol as the P3 just badged as Weihrauch rather than Beeman), and I get serious leverage fatigue long before I get to 50 shots of charging the cylinder with single pump cocking. The trigger on my Chaser is almost as good as the HW40's trigger, and emptying a CO2 cartridge with 50 or so shots at an average of 150fps faster than the HW40's velocity, is a welcome convenience!
Exactly what I'm thinking :bthumb: I got away from using the P3 but when ammo prices for 9MM got crazy I started to use my 22LR and then even the 22's were getting hard to fine and costly I took out the P3 dusted it off and :gun4:. It rekindled how much fun a pellet gun can be, but after 40 shots my old bones started feeling it. Strange just a few years ago I could use it a lot longer and never had any issues, oh well getting :eek:man: so this looks like it will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Air Bug

Pleased to find that after sitting for a couple of weeks, my Airbug has lost little, if any power, from a partially used cylinder.
Trigger pull, accuracy and cylinder life ALL great!

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Pleased to find that after sitting for a couple of weeks, my Airbug has lost little, if any power, from a partially used cylinder.
Trigger pull, accuracy and cylinder life ALL great!
You may want to avoid that, as in time the seal/bushing that seals the cylinder may compress. At least that's what they say.................

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I put a drop of pell-gun oil on the tip of every new cylinder. Been doing it for decades and I haven't had to reseal anything yet...probably jinx myself now ;)

Frank

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Although commonly thought of as transmission oil, I have read online (will supporting documentation) that Pellgun Oil is actually non detergent 30W with red dye.

I use so little, NP paying the exhorbent price, if in fact this is true.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts