Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Honestly I was just looking for a attachment point , so when I added it I shoot supported , so yes it helped , but mine was pretty darn good right out of the box ,,, but you do have to pay attention to shot count on the CO2 cartridge , when it gets low so do your shots.. :bthumb:
PJ

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
.177 or .22

No right or wrong answers here, but I'd love to hear your opinions and rationale for them.
Ordered an Airbug in .22 because that was all that was available. By the time my LGS placed the order, the .22's were gone. Both .177 and .22 are now on backorder.
Undecided which way to go. Indoor target work or back yard plinking main, i.e. only, planned use.
Which way to go?
Appreciate your comments.
Rob:t

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Ime, if you have issues handling and loading .177 you will like the .22.
If that is not an issue the .177's are cheaper, plentiful, accurate, have more shots per cartridge and probably a better choice for a pistol or low powered rifle.
That said, if you like to 'thwack' a target more than just punch paper the .22 does it.
That help?

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
I'm with Gcrank Mr Crosby. Unless you need the extra energy for pest eradication or dexterity problems make the bigger pills easier to load I'd go with the .177 flavor.

That said, I bought the .22 unit thinking I was going to thin out the rabbits eating my beloved's posies but haven't had the heart to do it. So I still roust them with a full-auto airsoft pistol :)

You won't go wrong either way.

Frank

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
177 vs 22

gcrank1
Actually that does help. Ease of handling the large pill hadn't occurred to me.
Should have, since the P17 does present a problem for me.
That said, and your other points in consideration I'm leaning to the .177.
Doesn't hurt that I have several thousand .177 pellets on hand and only a few .22's.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
My Walmart still has the .22 Crosman domed 14.3 500 pks for $6.78, I think. That's an incredible value compared to what you will pay online for the European pellets; and no shipping.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I bought the chaser for my grandson for Christmas, .22 .

After shopping for it I got the co2 bug and will receive Crosman 2300s tomorrow’s mail. It is .177 as .22 isn’t available.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Will do. I can already report after 25 shots out of 2300s, I like the accuracy. The trigger is a bit gritty though, but not heavy.

I’m going to do a bit of chronograph work at different power settings.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
My Walmart still has the .22 Crosman domed 14.3 500 pks for $6.78, I think. That's an incredible value compared to what you will pay online for the European pellets; and no shipping.
Those are my CCI Blazer of pellets. Certainly not JSBs, but they do the job in most of my pistols and non-target rifles.

For a long time, Walmart also had 40 count boxes of Crosman 12 gram Co2 for $16.xx. Don't know if they still do, but that's a good price for them.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I have a Airbug in .177, I liked it so much I bought a Bandit PCP in .22 . Still waiting for it to come in. Was supposed to ship 12/15 but the date keeps slipping.

Does a barrel band improve the accuracy? Anyone tried a before/after?
I 3d printed a band, I'm not a good enough shot off hand with irons to tell. I do like having additional barrel support though.

What I don't like is the rear sight has sideways play so my groups are often bimodal.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have a threaded 3D-printed suppressor on my Chaser that I got from a family startup business that seems to be expanding by leaps and bounds. Recently, they announced a suppressor for the Airbug, and to my surprise, it's a press-on.

https://buck-rail.com/product/diana-airbug-suppressor/

I thought the Chaser and Airbug were identical pistols except for the wood/plastic grips. This Airbug suppressor implies otherwise. A question to you Airbug owners - is the barrel threaded?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I thought the Chaser and Airbug were identical pistols except for the wood/plastic grips. This Airbug suppressor implies otherwise. A question to you Airbug owners - is the barrel threaded?
The muzzle on my Airbug is held on with a grub screw accessed from the bottom. That suggests very strongly to me that there are no threads.

The Buck Rail is more than likely correct. I've gotten a number of items from him and they all fit perfectly and were printed in a high-quality mode.

I'd trust him.

Andy

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a threaded 3D-printed suppressor on my Chaser that I got from a family startup business that seems to be expanding by leaps and bounds. Recently, they announced a suppressor for the Airbug, and to my surprise, it's a press-on.

https://buck-rail.com/product/diana-airbug-suppressor/

I can confirm that the Airbug does NOT have a threaded barrel.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've had the Crossman 2300S for a few weeks. I really like it. I ordered the GravMag from the chap in Great Britain. It came in this week. The mag is very pellet specific and most of my pellet varieties won't work in it (.177). I do have some flat heads that will feed in the mag. Frankly, if one were to simply look at the two pistols you'd think the Diana was the more expensive.

You can see I've added a Match Dot II to the Crosman. The Crosman was nearly 2.5x's the price of the Diana. The Diana fit and finish (metal) is better. While the Diana stock is beech, it is finished quite nicely and feels good, albeit just a bit beefy for my medium-sized hands. The Diana is on top.

The only bad thing for me in these recent purchases, I ordered a Diana Airbug from airgunns.com (yep, 2 s's) on December 22nd. I still haven't received it and the vendor isn't returning e-mails, there is no phone number, and lo and behold, when I googled reviews for this vendor, they aren't good. So, I ordered the 2nd one from PyramidAir with whom I've bought many airguns in the past.

I'm going to shoot these through FX chrony at 10 paces with a rest for accuracy and "power" comparison. I'll report back here with what I find.

BTW. I can't believe the Diana is so economical at $129! I bought my grandson a Chaser for Christmas. I'll probably put it through the same comparison as I note above.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 97 Posts