Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Got my AirBug last week and have shot it twice now,,I put a cheep 2 moa red dot on it and got it sighted in ,, the tight groups where easy to adjust at about 1.5 to 2”, so far I love this little guy, for the price and any price it’s just fun to shoot and really accurate, it least with my ability, targets are from 25 yards, and I figure I get about 45 shots before the co2 starts to drop, as you can see in the second target ,,, Fits my hand ok, might have to open it up just a little,but it’s not uncomfortable,, and maybe a scope with a little magnification to help the old eyes,in its future.. lol:D

I’m already thinking about the Diana bandit and a pump,
Just to add to the fun,,,:bthumb::Blasting_
PJ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,340 Posts
Good report PJ! I'm getting used to the grip and liking it. The trigger though, I haven't measured yet but it feels like a stiff 8 pounds. Have you tried adjusting the sear yet?

Frank

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good report PJ! I'm getting used to the grip and liking it. The trigger though, I haven't measured yet but it feels like a stiff 8 pounds. Have you tried adjusting the sear yet?

Frank
Thank you sir..
No I haven't, but honestly mines no where near that heavy,, I would say guessing 4 pound area.. when I get home I can pull it on a scale if you would like me to,,
PJ

·
Premium Member
5,340 Posts
Talk about Exaggeration!

Boy, I'm a big liar PJ! Just went out and tested the trigger with a Lyman spring gauge. 5 pulls, lowest was 2 pounds 8 ounces, highest 2 pounds 12 ounces, average 2 pounds 9 ounces. My only excuse is I'm used to to an Izzy 46M and it's about a 6 ounce trigger.

Might be fun to see where yours reads when you have time.

I got a Fx Radar pocket chronograph for Christmas and this .22 Air Bug seems to be pretty well regulated. Over 25 shots on a fresh cylinder and the spread was 449 FPS to 457 FPS average 452 FPS. https://fxairguns.com/accessories/pocket-chronograph/

Target shown was shot at 10 meters, top 3 groups from a rest, center group free hand.

All in all, for $129 this is a fine and fun little shooter!

Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Sorry Frank, I got home from night shift and had to get some sleep first,,lol

It’s funny ours are almost identical,, in my way of thinking says good things about how these are made, you had me a little worried when you told me how high yours was,,lol

I can relate to what you are saying, side story, I’m working on a Marlin 917V, with a “awful trigger “. I’ve been shooting my CZ 457 with a 8 oz trigger, so after I got done doing the AirBug, I pulled a few test on the marlin to see where it’s at,,, 2lb 2 oz , and crisp,,,, :rolleyes:, not nearly as bad as I thought... just not the CZ:D

John...
oh the target was me messing around in the shop the other night,, 15 ft , at 1” targets. Trying different holds and tweaking on the red dot.. so it shoots a lot smaller than this,,

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow, that's really nice. I haven't ordered mine, but when I do it's be from Pyramid. BTW, I saw something on YouTube sometime back; they were saying the barrel band/barrel support thing from the rifle will fit on these. May be useful if you throw the gun around alot, or something :D

Anyway just something out there I saw.

Good luck with that
Can that be bought separate?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry for the delay, Threecats, but yeah here is the video; has other good points....

Note, just noticed this was the bandit (PCP) so may have to call Pyramid; see what they say. Barrel is probably the same, not sure about the reservoir.

How do you like the PCP version? I have been looking at one myself since I shoot PCP myself. Terry

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Undecided on 177 or 22 cal.....I do like the more user friendly size of 22 but will I give up too much power/fps or accuracy than the 177?

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Undecided on 177 or 22 cal.....I do like the more user friendly size of 22 but will I give up too much power/fps or accuracy than the 177?
Wouldn't a lot depend on the distance you're anticipating shooting at?

Till now, I've shied away from the .22 in pistols due to short barrel, and less time to get that heavy pellet going, but who knows? :)

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Distance, well yes, but this is a pistol, I have long air rifles for distance. With more than a toy I do expect decent accuracy out to 20' or so and always reach farther just because.
Some history:
Waayyy back 'Marksman' hahahaha
Daisy, early 717 sgl stroke pneumatic 177
Crosman 1377, pump-up model 177
RWS Mdl 5G, break barrel 177
Gamo AF10, 177, repeater pistol with lead rounds, sgl shot with wadcutters, fun plinker
Never had a CO2
Tank-fill, aint goin there.
How far up a barrel does a pellet keep accelerating?; ie, where is the tipping point?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I see the Airbug pistol does 575/177, 460/22
The Chaser rifle kit gives only the rifle velo's, I presume as these are the 'same works', of 642/177, 500/22
The diff is 67fps pistol to rifle length in 177 or 40fps in 22 cal.
Now I have some stats but no actual chrono numbers to try to sort out which will suit my notions.

·
Premium Member
5,340 Posts
What are you going to do with it Gcrank1? For punching holes in paper the .177 will offer more pellet choices and potentially slightly better accuracy as well as being a little more economical to shoot. More rounds per buck and more shots per cartridge.

I bought the .22 version theoretically for dispatching rabbits despoiling my wife's flower beds...although I'm probably getting too tender hearted in my dotage to follow through with that threat.

It's the age old conundrum of lighter faster pill versus heavier slower pill. The 9mm/.45 ACP guys argue it endlessly.

Have fun with whatever caliber you pick, these are great little shooters!

Frank

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Im not a hunter any more, Frank, iffn I cant eat it I dont want to kill it, but sometimes the varmints just gotta get thinned (and I like critters...). I have better than moderate velo air and powder burners though a 'need' and opportunity might coincide. Ive been in the slow-speed brick camp for a long time and do like handling the 22 pellets better; I have to keep some 177 and 22's on stock as is, either would likely be fine.
I mostly plink with an emphasis on still trying to make a tight group or solid hit where planned.
And just as Im getting revved on these models under discussion I now get offered an early Crosman 1377 in very nice condition.....
May the fun never end! :)

·
Premium Member
5,340 Posts
Well why not both? :D

I see the new version P1377BR at Buds for $53 plus shipping or Amazon for $63 with free shipping. 600 FPS with 10 pumps in .177 sounds good...except for the 10 pumps part.

I like the multi-shot rotary mag and "cock'n'shoot" action with the Airbug but I have gotten terribly spoiled in my old age!

Good luck with whatever you pick,

Frank

·
Premium Member
58,683 Posts
Had the Air Bug out yesterday afternoon, the no name red dot was way off from last session but I'd had to replace the battery which may explain that, once rezero'd it was it's usual fun self.:bthumb:

21 - 40 of 97 Posts