Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Decent Scope or What?

663 10
Sup people!? Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this scope?

It seems to be a "Leapers/UTG"

http://www.gunkings.com/product_info.php?cPath=93_89&products_id=614

Thanks in Advance for any comments!:bthumb:

Bullitt
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Me personally, I stay away from anything from Leapers and NC Star, Ive seen far more bad ones then good! Now there is some good ones out there, but the odds of getting a good one aint really great from what I have seen.

·
Registered
662 Posts
They are on my avoid list along with Barska, BSA, NcStar, Tasco and low end Simmons. With scopes you get what you pay for with very rare exceptions. If you can't go over $100 then bop over to SWFA and check out the Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x50 w/AO. It's a discontinued $200+ scope for $99 (slightly more at MidwayUSA). The cheapest good 24x scope is going to be the Mueller Eradicator at about $230.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They are on my avoid list along with Barska, BSA, NcStar, Tasco and low end Simmons. With scopes you get what you pay for with very rare exceptions. If you can't go over $100 then bop over to SWFA and check out the Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x50 w/AO. It's a discontinued $200+ scope for $99 (slightly more at MidwayUSA). The cheapest good 24x scope is going to be the Mueller Eradicator at about $230.
Oddly enough, I came across this thread while looking up the community's thoughts on Leaper, and your comment got me to buy the Simmons.

If there's a problem... I'll know who to look at.:harry:

:bthumb:

I'm really hoping it gets here before Friday, but I have the feeling it'll get here by next Friday.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oddly enough, I came across this thread while looking up the community's thoughts on Leaper, and your comment got me to buy the Simmons.

If there's a problem... I'll know who to look at.:harry:

:bthumb:

I'm really hoping it gets here before Friday, but I have the feeling it'll get here by next Friday.

Thanks for the advice!
Let us know how you like it!!!

·
Registered
20,842 Posts
I love my 3 Mueller Erat's but the Simmons White Tail Classis are fantastic for the price..Illumination on the scopes I have RARELY get used so I consider that feature a moot point. The WTC Mildot does not have the heavy texture..the regular duplex does.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If it's great, I'll be too busy at the range to get anywhere near a computer!

Just kidding... our range is only open on the weekends. I'll definitely report in.

Of course, the only scope I've ever had before was a Barska 3-9x40, so this one will probably be a MAJOR step up. The Barska's crosshairs are so large that it covers a decent amount of the paper at 100 yds. and the optics are mightily fuzzy. Thus, I'm unsure how good of a critic I'll be, but I'll do my best.

On the other hand, I guess the paper down range will be a better judge than me!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey up bullit-to answer your question this scope is probably more of the 'what' and less of the decent.It looks very much like one I have.Very blurred around the edge of the picture,the mill dots are useless as the points of impact change when you zoom up and down.But then for $99 what can you expect.Money is tight here where I live in the UK at the moment [as our country is in the process of going down the pan] and I keep fooling myself into thinking these chinese scopes are ok.I buy one and its crap like all the rest.I have a zeiss on one gun and would consider it good-but over priced.The scope I use the most is a bushnell 3-9x40 bought at K-Mart in 1993 for $29.99,it is on my Anschutz 54 sporter.If your looking for a scope on a budget why not buy a second hand one from a member here.and think about all that scrap metal your recycling:bthumb:

·
Registered
182 Posts
K... it's mounted and I took it to the range tonight. Our indoor range was all that was open, and it only goes out to 50 ft, but that's good enough to do some initial sighting in. I am going to first say that it shot a VERY small hole, but that isn't much of a feat at that distance... but let's just say that I'm very optimistic about tomorrow.:bthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.