Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking to scope my new 10/22 mag converted to .17hmr I have two simmons
44 mags that i like ok but they no longer make it in higher powers.
I want 6-24 or higher mag.
I keep looking at the BSA'S BUT SCARED due to horror storys Iv'e read.
250.00 tops. also does anyone know about the simmions prohunter's
they are also discontinued but floting around on ebay for 75.00 or so 6-24 power. will be used mainly for hunting and a little plinking.

Thanks

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eabco

I have tryed several times to look at eabco but can never get the site to come up? I have seen this site listed here several times.

· Registered
3,500 Posts
holepuncher said:
I have tryed several times to look at eabco but can never get the site to come up? I have seen this site listed here several times.
I just checked myself and it does look as if thier site is down. I'll second Brads comments about the Swift Premier scopes. I had one on a Winchester model 70 that was quite a good scope.

Another vendor for swift optics is "opticsplanet", got a telescope from them a few years ago and got decent service.

Dave Z.

· Registered
269 Posts
BSA COULD be OK, And any body else COULD bite....

I've got a BSA that has been mounted on my Marlin 30-30 for about 3 years now. I've never had to adjust it since the initial mount. It is real clear. I feel confident enought to take 150-180 yard shots with it. Scopes are like most anything else. You sould get a good one, or you could get a POS. It's luck. Are more expensive scopes better? Sure, they had better be. You just have to think, do I need a $200 scope on a 22 that will be used for "hunting and a little plinking" I just put a Tasco 2.5-10X42 on my CZ 452 & it seems to do real well. Do I expect it to do good? Yep. Could I have put a Ziess or god forbid a Swarovski scope and they COULD really stink, not hold zero, fog, ect. Chances are not good, but are possible. I say look around and find what you like. Just because it costs more doesn't make it better. Look at Jags and their electric system.

holepuncher said:
Im looking to scope my new 10/22 mag converted to .17hmr I have two simmons
44 mags that i like ok but they no longer make it in higher powers.
I want 6-24 or higher mag.
I keep looking at the BSA'S BUT SCARED due to horror storys Iv'e read.
250.00 tops. also does anyone know about the simmions prohunter's
they are also discontinued but floting around on ebay for 75.00 or so 6-24 power. will be used mainly for hunting and a little plinking.

Thanks

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scopes

does anyone know where the swifts are made (country)
Also I was looking in the new shooters bilble and they said wever simmions and ithink one other was purchased by a new company in California I think.
abd I noticed the new simmions are coming out and called master series.
I also belive the new company has been in the telescope buisness for some time.
anyone else know anything more about this?
With somany people telling me about Swift I think I may try one because I also looked on Ebay and they all sell pritty high with lots of bids. good sign Id say.

Don C.

· Banned
4,250 Posts
I guess I was told wrong. This should help.

The History of SWIFT
Over 75 years of excellence in optical instruments

Founded in 1926, Swift is the oldest existing American, family-owned & operated, optical company spanning three generations. Our President, Alison C. Swift, is the granddaughter of founder, Robert W. Swift. Alison served as the National Sales & Marketing Manager for Swift's microscope division for 11 years prior to becoming Swift's first female President and CEO. Ms. Swift is committed to preserving the legacy that her forefathers have created, while leading the company into some new directions. Some immediate changes that have resulted from Alison's leadership are a new DBA of Swift Optics, consolidation of Swift's operations in San Jose and Swift's new status as a Woman-Owned Business.

Swift has been in the business of developing and importing quality optical products since 1926, when the first roof prism binoculars were imported from Germany. Since then, Swift has added spotting scopes, telescopes, specialty optics, riflescopes and weather instruments to our family of optical products.

In the early fifties, Swift established a branch office in San Jose, California, which now serves as our Corporate Headquarters. The development of Swift's new microscope line was spearheaded by a former Swift binocular sales manager. This new line succeeded in revolutionizing the educational science market as it was both economical and of good quality. In fact, it earned Swift enough market share to push the formerly uncontested "Giants" of the American Microscope world out of the market for good. For 50 years, Swift has continuously worked to build our brand and to maintain our reputation as leaders in the educational, veterinary/medical and research markets.

From our inception, we have backed our products with an unparalleled Lifetime Warranty and unrivaled parts support. We are committed to providing our distributors and their customers with innovative and durable products. Swift continues its pursuit of excellence by developing new and innovative products for our distributors and their customers.

Brad

· Registered
2,486 Posts
holepuncher said:
does anyone know where the swifts are made (country)
Also I was looking in the new shooters bilble and they said wever simmions and ithink one other was purchased by a new company in California I think.
abd I noticed the new simmions are coming out and called master series.
I also belive the new company has been in the telescope buisness for some time.
anyone else know anything more about this?
With somany people telling me about Swift I think I may try one because I also looked on Ebay and they all sell pritty high with lots of bids. good sign Id say.

Don C.
Swift Premier scopes are made in Korea, whether their entire line is, I don't know, I only own the Premiers or Premiums as they call them now, which are their top of the line...

http://swift-optics.com/products/sporting/premium_riflescopes

If you use the search function within the Scopes forum, you'll get lots of threads on the Simmons Master series. Here's one of many threads on them...

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=634473#post634473

Meade is the current owner of Simmon, Weaver and Redfield Optics.

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html#simmons

Tim

· Banned
4,250 Posts
Tim, thanks for the information on Swift scopes. I suspected that Swift scopes were just like most of the scope brands and made overseas. Heck, all scopes made today have got some imported parts or glass in them.

I can tell you the reason you get a little more in quality for what you pay for a Swift scope vs other brands of the same price and same power magnification. Swift doesn't advertise their scopes. So they pass on the savings in price to the consumer. The Swift Premiers are in my opinion one of the best scopes on the market. I'm sure there are some scopes on the market that I haven't looked through or actually used yet that may be as good. But I can tell you the Swift Premier 6-18x44mm that I have is simply in one word, awesome to look through. I give Swift Premier scopes :t :t :t up! They are the best period that I have used for the money, and will more than likely give you the best bang for your buck compared to scopes costing hundeds of $$$ more.

Brad

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Swift

Brad is Eabco where you bought your swift?
Also have you ever looked thru a 44 mag 6.5-20
If you have how do you think it compared to the Swift?
Asking because I already have a couple 44's

Don

· Registered
8,058 Posts
look at the mueller eraticator 8.5-25x50mm from opticzone better than the swift in my opinion 199.99+free shipping and sun shade and also silver or black your choice. good luck and keep :snipersmi

· Banned
4,250 Posts
holepuncher,

You might want to check your computer. It works fine for me. Yep. I bought 2 Swift scopes from them. They are a pleasure to deal with. You will like the Swift Premier. I'll guarantee what I told you to be true. They are a super bright and crystal clear scope. There may be other scopes that are better than them. But none are better for the money and magnification settings that you get for the price when comparing against other scopes. They are a best buy 5 star scope. I have a Nikon Monarch scope. It is brighter and clearer than the Swift Premier. But not by much and cost more to boot. The Swift Premier in my opinion for the price is the better deal.

Brad

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.