Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to share this with all of you. I was out at the range today, shooting with some friends. We had just about every caliber covered from .177 to 30-06. Lots of fun. Funny thing though. There was this little grey squirrel that kept playing around on top of the 100 yd. berm! At first we were amaized at this brave litt'l critter. Then it was a NEW TARGET. There was 6 people shooting at this squirrel, two rifles had scopes. Dirt clods were flying everywhere. We thought we got the little begger. Then somebody yells, look! hes sitting up on his haunches looking at us. Another pound, of lead went downrange, shell casings flying everywhere. Again, that squirrel pops back up from behind the berm, and taunts us by running back -n- forth, sitting up, just playing. We had 5 opportunities to wack that squirrel, but it finally ran off into the brush, left of the range. Unblieveable.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i believe it. had that happen to me once hunting. i was on public land hunting refuge towards the end of the season for ducks and geese. place was thick with people and a duck fltying about 30 yards high went from on end to the other passing literally about 70 hunters and never got hit! then two geese did the same and no one even touched em!

·
Registered
130 Posts
this reminds me of a what happened last fall, i was at the gun range and this chipmonk made a bad mistake, he ran out 50 yards from my port, i grabbed my .30 M1 Carbine, fired one shot and the thing just exploded, next sease fire i went out to check it out and just saw a splatter on the ground

·
Registered
30 Posts
At a local range here by Houston (Hot Wells), it's an unwritten rule that you are NOT to shoot the chickens that wander over from left of Lane A. There's usually about 3 or 4 of them wandering the 25yd, sometimes the 50yd lanes, pecking at the ground, doing the things that chickens do. They're just Completely fearless. My wife thinks they're deaf as well :D

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
welllllllllllllll

i have told this before and its a true story but im gonna tell it any way.
i had just got my savage, 17/m2 and was zeroing it at my 50 yard range in front of the woods lot. when i finished and was putting my stuff away i noticed a squirrel setting on a limb directly over the 50 yard target. i dig out my rifle , load it and shoot the critter , well he fell and i looked thru my scope where he fell and there he was watching me. i shot him again and that time he simply fell over dead. i was cussing my new caliber for its lousy squirrel killing ability while i walked out to see how much damage was done., there to my surprise laid 2 head shot sqiuirrels almost on top of each other. a small hole going in below the ear and no exit hole in each. i fell in love with the 17/m2 caliber in that instant.ive killed several since then with it and it never has failed me.
david

·
Registered
487 Posts
RX7-2nr said:
i watched a squirrel run all the way across a 3 lane feeder road off of Hwy 75 here in dallas. it was amazing. it musta dodged 30 cars
That squirrel had more guts than I've got. There ain't no way I'm crossing hwy75 anywhere from Sherman on south with less than my 18 wheels. Some of them fools try to push me around in that. I ain't trying it on foot. :1t

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
the first time i shot my 10/22 at my grandfathers house, there was a chipmunk that kept running back and forth under what we were shooting at. we didnt bother it any but it sure didnt care that we were shooting...of course that chipmunk was probably used to a .357 mag, probably cant even hear the .22 :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
JJB said:
that might have been one of those kevlar squirrels!!!!!!!! :D
no, it's a SUPER-SQUIRREL! i had one that took at least 5 rounds from a .177 air rifle from a foot-and-a-half away. the rifle punctures thru both sides of a coffee can, by the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.