Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Dead Forum

875 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Al the Infidel
There sure isn't much traffic on this subforum.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
There are a good number of CZs in the trading post for sale. Folks are asking prices that are about the same as NIB rifles - but I think the market for CZ 452s is good but not that strong.

In a few years I think the prices being asked now will be a price for a fast sale.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I really want a 17HM2 but I would love to find a Marlin 25 series LR for TFrank to reline barrel. That way my rifles match to squirrel hunt.
Not taking anything at all from the CZs but for the price I wouldnt trade my Marlin for one due to accuracy not being "that much" $$$ difference.
Would love to have a CZ in HM2 but not for the price.

· Registered
628 Posts
.30 Hart...I've only got one .17 Mach2, a CZ 452 varmint, along with several thousand rounds of ammo from Sgammo. I've always wondered about the Marlin .17 mach2's trigger. Is it adjustable? Creep? Somewhere along the line I will be adding another .17 mach2 and Marlin rifles have served me well in the past. Thanks.

· Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 452 has a few pins and a spring with a nut on the trigger. You can replace the spring without unstaking the pins on the trigger. You can put a lighter spring but if you go too light it will bump fire. You can also adjust the nut but the stock spring is too heavy for my taste. I got a common spring at the hardware store that was the right size and fit my CZs. With the nut backed all the way out trigger pull is now just fine for me. The hardest part to working on the CZs from my experience is the little detent ball and spring that actuate the sear. They are prone to loss once the sear pin is removed and I spent over an hour one day trying to get that little bugger back together. My 77/22s are much easier to work over but the triggers on the CZ are nicer. I don't plan on taking the CZs apart very often other than to wipe down the mettle hidden by the stock.

· Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the round and plan on shooting it till I can't shoot no more, but it seem like it is fading into obscurity in the mass market and is now more like the 22 hornet as a nich round. Not sure but probably less popular than 22 hornet these days in terms of mass popularity.

· Registered
33 Posts
I love my HM2s and have 6 rifles in it. When I bring it up to people, many think I am talking about the HMR. Until they shoot it. I have shown many people the light to this round. There has been little PR on it and the lack of availability of guns and ammo for the common shooter has let it dwindle when compared to the HMR. I shoot mine more than I do any other rimfires I have right now.

· Registered
55 Posts
Not any " new " ammo so not much talk. Fewer choices also. Not a problem for me, Eley shoots bughole groups at 50yds in all my mach2's...2 CZ's and 1 savage. Best shooting rifle's I have. Just need to keep stocking up until I have a lifetime supply. Kind of refreshing really, 3 guns, 1 ammo brand, 5 shots in 1 big hole. Wish my 22's were as accommodating !!:bthumb:

· Premium Member
9,441 Posts
I don't wish to cause undue alarm, but once this section drops to a certain minimum posts/day, it will be dropped, to be replaced by a new 5mm section.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.