Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Daughters Day at the Range

405 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  stringnut
I ordered a Nikon 3-9x BDC Rimfire scope for my daughters 10/22. It was scheduled for delivery Friday but for some reason didn't get on the big Brown truck for delivery. So rescheduled for Monday.

I told her we would go shooting Saturday, So off we went to the range with her Purple Laminated 10/22 Compact, has a 3-9x Burris rifle scope on it, not the best combo.

We had a great day over all. Started out with some Guy and his son showing up at the outdoor range at the same time we did, they set up next to us and said to his son lets show this young lady how its done. Loud enough for everyone to hear. Everyone kinda looked around there were 4 or 5 other guys there, Us Two and the two of them.

After the first round of everyone having at it, we walked out to the targets, the Dad made some comment about girls not being about to shoot as good as boys wait till you see her target.

Once he saw my daughters sub 1" ragged holes with a few fliers. And His son had a nice 4" or 5" shotgun pattern, He ripped his sons target down, turns to his son and says "That damm scope must have come loose again". We will have to go home and fix it.

I jumped right in and offered to help him out, but as he put it "I Didn't have the right tools".

(I'm thinking really, I have every torx, allen, and screw driver I even have a 1/4 drive socket set, I feel I have every tool you would need to mount or adjust any scope. Yeah, Well, I learned this the hard way, getting to the range and my scope was loose cause I never lined it up or tightened it down OOPS.)

As they were walking back I heard the boy say But Dad, But Dad. Trying to get him to "fix it" right then and there so he could continue shooting. His Dad told him to shut his trap.

All the other guys came over to see her targets and embarrassed her to no end giving her praise for her shooting.

One guy asked her what should he tell his daughter to get her out shooting with him. She told him to tell her how good it feels to out shoot the boys.

I thought everyone there was going to pass out we were all laughing so hard, OMG it was awesome.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
awesome, simply awesome...

Im all for the 'competition' just not with people you dont know, and trying to out do young shooters. Sounds like you two handled it with the utmost class, letting the target do the talking.

the first time i took my GF shooting, my friends were giving her ****. she used my single shot rem 514, out shot everyone. we'd set up a bunch of clays. She'd take down most of em. Including the 'hard shots' we set up. That shut em up.

· Registered
54 Posts
Taught my daughter to shoot 14 months ago. With a rifle, she gives me a real go for the money. She still has a little to go with a handgun. There comes a time when years of experience can no longer make up for young eyes, great coordination, and great conditioning. Teaching my kid to shoot is one of the most enjoyable things I have done. Good on all you guys who have helped a kid get started shooting. They are the future of our sport.

· Registered
927 Posts
My wife set many state and some world records with a bow. It was great when some loud mouth would say something about females not shooting as good. Sometimes asking how many world records he had set would shut them up. Other times they required a demonstration,hee,hee,hee. Sometimes other top notch women and young lady shooters would be around and they could humiliate him as a group.

Such attitudes are really out of place in this day and age. At one national archery tournament I was setting around with some of the greatest female archers of the time and was not the least bit bothered by the fact that any one of them could clean my clock. For those of you who know archery this group included Darla Owen, Linda Thompson, Linda Owen , Michelle Ragsdale, Becky Pearson, Nancy Zorn Joella bates and others. I would like to say I shoot better than any ot these girls ,but sadly for me, not true!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.