Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any publication that will give the date of mfg. of a Martini Mk 11 by serial number or any other method ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not stamped?

I've never seen one that wasn't stamped with the date, has yours been refinished? My Mk2 is 1873, Victoria Regina (during the reign of queen Victoria). Brits are a bit psycho about arsenal and proofing records, their military rifles are usually stamped in many places with all kinds of markings for manufacturing, proofing, rebuilding, acceptance etc.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My description was vague ... I was referring to a BSA Martini International Mk 11 ... I've looked the rifle all over , no date of mfg..

·
Registered
158 Posts
The MkII had a 5 1/2 or 6 yr run...

Introduced 1953 - dropped from production 1959.

Source: "the Gun Digest Book of Modern Gun Values" 5th edirion. = Currect editions are on sale - check your local bookstores.:)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx. I'm aware of that, but wanted something more specific, but I guess that isn't to be ? Thx. again ...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx. for the info regarding the dating by serial number ... I have two which I shoot alot ... A target rifle of the past, but will hold there own with the newer rifles and just alot of fun to shoot !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.