Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Daisy Powerline 953

413 5
Picked one up today at the local pawnshop[cheap as in they wanted it gone!].
Good points.
Decent little target style stock[red],feels weighty/solid.
Fiber optic sights-rear is adjustable.
Hits o.k.-penetrates cans and plastic baby powder bottles[poof!luv it!].
Single pump pnuematic=easy,easy,easy.
Uses 5 shot clips[cheap] which I dont have[load singley]=not so easy.
Reasonably precise 1 1/2 @20ish yrds,still have to run more thru it.
Very quiet so it wont bother the locals.
Bad points.
Short LOP,but still comfortable=great for kids[good point?].
Adjustable sights are a little vague to adjust,no click.
Not a squirrel gun,maybe sparrows but most likely inanimate objects.
Maybe 500fps,still has a little authority to make it fun[good points again?].

Not a super-uber pellet gun but o.k.,especially what I paid for it.Purchased cheap enuff for a cheap scope[$30].All in all I like it and its fun to plink with using CPG Wadcutters[precise yet cheap also]. Its recieved some decent reviews online and goes for doubly what I paid for it,so guess i did o.k.

Wasnt plannin on buying anything today but hey why not it was inexspensive[a.k.a cheap].
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me,,,

I know how ya feel.My biggest problem is ?
1.Broke[-$$]
2.My Meal Ticket wont give me money.[=$$broke]
3.I to darn indecisive which means I always miss a good deal:confused:.
4.And I'm always broke:( .
If I had the dough they had a Ruger MKII with leather holster for $224.
And a Beretta Bobcat 21 for $229,they'd probably let them go cheap also cuz no one's been at the gun counter few last times I've been there.Nothings been selling firearm wise.May beg the Meal Ticket to loan me some $$[until I sell something] so I can get the Ruger or Beretta.

I think I have a Powerline scope around here somewhere I may try on the 953.I'll post updates asap.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
"I know how ya feel.My biggest problem is ?
1.Broke[-$$]
2.My Meal Ticket wont give me money.[=$$broke]
3.I to darn indecisive which means I always miss a good deal.
4.And I'm always broke .
If I had the dough they had a Ruger MKII with leather holster for $224.
And a Beretta Bobcat 21 for $229,they'd probably let them go cheap also cuz no one's been at the gun counter few last times I've been there.Nothings been selling firearm wise.May beg the Meal Ticket to loan me some $$[until I sell something] so I can get the Ruger or Beretta."

In a way there, it almost sounds like you know me...(I've all but been slapped by two women who told me I passed up a good deal because I sat there and thought too long).

"Broke" - now remember that sweet 1377C "money pit" LOL

As for the Ruger or Bobcat, unless you need a concealable piece, go Ruger. Passed up a Rohm RG-14 .22 for $50 today, from someone I know. Very tempted, but it had one feature I just didn't like, and was already familiar with, to remove/load/unload the cylinder you need to remove the cylinder pin. Nice little 2", not the finest quality, but functional. Honestly though, for as little as I shoot, another powder gun just wasn't really, really needed.

Oh, and by the way - Like the Red stock vs the "Tactical Black"

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Money pit

Yeah,yeah,yeah!!!Everything is a slow build now[$$$],but its all fun.I guess thats why I like this 953,not bad as a stocker.Tonight it did excellent with Copperhead w/cutters at 1.25" 5shots at 25yrds and Gamo Rockets[bb/pellet?] 2" 3shots same distance.And thats with open sights[and glasses],not bad for a $25 pawnshop find.Gonna have to sell some other hobby[Rc,r-fire,A-gun] stuff to drum up some fun funds.Hopefully I can finish up my 1322 build and moddin my Ruger Charger.Usually end up givin 60% of all sales to the house a.k.a MealTicket,,err,,,Wife.Hmmm,,,just to think,till death do us part:bthumb: .

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
953 target /pestcontrol[Graphic]

Heres some pic's of what this unit is capable of at 20yrds w/stock open sights.
Been clearing out the sparrows in the shed lately.
Target 1.25" group 5 shots 1 was a 1 holer

A little pest conrol[graphic] at 20yrds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.