Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Any shims ? What’s your headspace?
no shims, I've not checked the headspace. I followed Louis' instructions including the break in procedure and extremely pleased with the results. The is my second barrel from Louis, and won't be my last. The other is a 10/22 and it shoots great too. If I could change anything about his barrels, would be putting his name on them and perhaps "match" chamber when applicable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Do all your targets look that good? If so, you got one heck of winner. I replaced the stock barrel on my 455 varmint with a WhistlePig and the results were the same as the stock barrel, which was not very good (about 1" at 50 yards with target ammo). It did make the rifle feel a lot different but no improvement in the groups. It may be an issue with my rifle and not the barrel.
I have two WhistlePig barrels and they both shoot great. I'm assuming you've tried different ammo, the barrel on my 457 isn't what I'd consider to be an ammo snob, but it does shoor RWS Match, Eley Club & Target better than some of the others I've tried. If you've not reached out to Louis, I'd also recommend giving that a try. I've only spoken to him once but was impressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts