1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Reactions: redz

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Thank you very much you "enablers", I just ordered a 17 Mach 2 barrel from them. I had been considering trying a Lothar Walther (which are on back order and almost $100 more). Been wanting to try the mach 2 for some 100 yd shooting. When I get my franken-cz finished, I'll report back. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Do all your targets look that good? If so, you got one heck of winner. I replaced the stock barrel on my 455 varmint with a WhistlePig and the results were the same as the stock barrel, which was not very good (about 1" at 50 yards with target ammo). It did make the rifle feel a lot different but no improvement in the groups. It may be an issue with my rifle and not the barrel.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I went to Killough and they dont list it. Where did ya all get it ?
Its hit and miss on availability like most ammo. I bought the brick I have before covid. I know I've seen it around, but I wouldn't bend over backwards for Eley Target. It's good practice ammo being their entry level offering as I understand it. I predict that Eley Club will shoot better, or anything above that in the Eley line.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Its hit and miss on availability like most ammo. I bought the brick I have before covid. I know I've seen it around, but I wouldn't bend over backwards for Eley Target. It's good practice ammo being their entry level offering as I understand it. I predict that Eley Club will shoot better, or anything above that in the Eley line.
I've had mine a while so I don't remember where I got it.
I suspect it, like Edge, has been dropped from the line. I have a small stash of Club and really stocked up on Edge when they found a bunch over in England and shipped it over here.

Reactions: redz

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I suspect it, like Edge, has been dropped from the line. I have a small stash of Club and really stocked up on Edge when they found a bunch over in England and shipped it over here.
I snagged one of those bricks you are speaking of. It's good stuff. My 457 Varmint likes it. This was about 15 rounds in on a clean barrel. It tightened up nicely. Just 5 shots with a "flier" at 50 yards.
I'm joking about the flier, that's likely on me.
Insect Art Font Pest Circle

1 - 20 of 31 Posts