Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a base from Eric Brooks to mount a 4x12AO scope on my CZ452 American (.17HM2) but I have NF clue as to which one I will need. I also don't have much of an idea what rings I should or want to use, so I'm opening my ears (Shutup Sarge!) (and LARRY!) to your suggestions. Thanks.

Almost forgot, if the 4x12 doesn't suit my fancy I have a cheap Leupold that I'd like to see on it, of 3x9x40mm variety.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This may not exactly answer your question but;

I've got Millet (millet 800 645-5388) windage adjustable 22 caliber scope rings ($18+ from natchez shooter's supply 800 251-7839) on my varmit, think they are high's (bought them used, so am not sure). Any way, these have 5/8" clearance between the top of the reciever and the bottom of the scope and the objective clears the heavier varmit's barrel (heavier than the American's) by approx. 1/8" with a 4-12 X 44 AO scope. Used to have B-Square's high-sport utility rings (Approx. $6.00 from Natchez) with the same scope on my American and it also cleared the barrel. Didn't care for these rings (b-square's) on the American as the clamp was open so far where it clamped on the groove, were a better fit on the 11mm european scope groove, such as the trainer/Lux have.

Regarding bases, there's no need for them if you use 22 rings, unless of course you want a weaver type base so that you can change scopes around with a better return to zero.

If you want to use some other ring set-up, then e-mail Eric Brooks and ask his opinion. Jerry

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
I have a 6-24x44AO in BKL #257 rings on mine and when I remove the scope and put it back on it comes almost back to zero just a couple of clicks to fine tune it. No adapter needed with thse rings. Brooks stocks them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
search and you shall find

SqS-NbS said:
so I'm opening my ears (Shutup Sarge!) (and LARRY!) to your suggestions.
Plenty of recent threads on this forum on this topic. Search on "scope", "mounting", or "rings" and I think you'll find the info you seek. Boils down to several options and only you can decide which is the right one for you.
-Jim

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just looked through every page in this section and did not see the answer to the question I asked. I sohuld have stated that I have a few sets of Leupold rings that I'd like to use, (Med and High sets) I'd like to keep the scope as close to the bore as possible though. I am not opposed to a BKL mount though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.