Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide on the CZ vs the Ruger.Ive had a 77/22 but it did not have a very nice trigger.My main concern is acuracy.Is the Ruger as acurate as the CZ's?

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have have never owned a ruger but i can tell you how the cz shoots, sweet. i have heard, on this forum and others, that a ruger is a hit or miss in the accuarcy department. i'm not putting down ruger because i'm sure there are guys out there who have great shooting 77's. i'm not sure but i think the ruger does not have an adjustable trigger, the cz does. i also think the cz is cheaper. you might want to ask over on the ruger forum as well.
good luck, brian

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The 77/22, in LR and Magnum, doesn't have the barrel threaded in. It's logitudinally clamped like the 10/22. The Hornet has threaded receiver and the barrel screwed in. Not sure which arrangement they use for the .17.

Trigger-wise, the CZ is definitely better. Apart from being easily tuned, they should wear better because the load at each contact point is minimized.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have a ruger 77/22 mag, and a cz 452 22 lr. I dont know which i like better. I like the extra niceness of the ruger ( walnut stock 3 postion safety, and the flush clip) as opposed to the safety and only 5 shot clip of the cz. As for mechanics they are both so solid it is hard to tell, both actions are sweet. Accuracy wise i cant tell, both of my guns outshoot me, so it is a toss up. Get the one that you like the feel of and setup. The stock ruger trigger isnt as nice as the stock cz, but i like a little stiffer trigger than most because i hunt, and a light trigger is tough if your hands are a little cold. All in all i dont think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Vaffanculo,
Having fired the first 100 rnds through one of each, here were my results.
100yds- Ruger was averaging 11/10ths"
the CZ (American sporter style)- 4/10ths"
(5 shot groups)
Identical scopes(Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14X), one in Ruger rings, the other in Millet anglelocs.
Barrels were cleaned between shots with a pull-through bore cleaner, and each rifle was continuing to group tighter when I returned them to the owner.
Either would make a good choice, prices on the test samples- $500 for the Ruger, $400. for the CZ.
The Ruger offers the possibility to switch barrels to a .22mag.
The CZ offers an easily smithed trigger, and precision accuracy.
Take care,
warren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.