Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello--

Just bought my third rimfire CZ--this one a .17 HMR. Nice gun except for the trigger: light but creepy, almost like a two stage trigger. Really makes it hard to shoot the thing well. Any suggestions?

Bill A.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Bill,
Brookie and everyone I've heard talk about it say that it is.
I sent Brookie my $9 Friday, so I'll know more in, hopefully, the very near future:D
There's a link on Brookie's website that explains a lot of it.
Paul

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Thanks crowsniper!
That was the link I was referring too :D
Paul

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Bill, Knite...
The Fuzzy Limey site showed the "tape wrap" method. Brookie's kit gives you brass sleeves of differing thickness. You should NOT take out the sear when installing the sleeve. This way the dreaded ball won't be playing hide-and-seek with you. Just punch out the trigger pin.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Thanks Nick.
I'm JUST going to put a light spring in mine :)
Paul

·
Registered
697 Posts
I bought the kit and installed the spring, but I took one look at the staked in front trigger pin and decided that the creep wasn't bad enough for me to try to pound that devil out.

Evern just the spring only works great to reduce the pull weight.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Pounding the riveted pin out is EASY.....and it only takes a couple light TAPS to get it out .....IF you have it on a solid object. I think Brookie does his right on the gun. Any way it isn't hard either way. Just use a punch that is 3/4 the size of the pin to allow the flared end to go through the hole.
A tip about the Sear Ball. If you remove it just super glue it to the spring, and that will eliminate the ball bouncing around the room during re-assembly.
I posted a series of pictures on how to do the Pin about a month ago if you want to go back into the archives and see them.
BTW.....If your new to it and it looks over whelming.....BUT, once you do it you will see that it's VERY EASY.
There's lot's in the Archives dealing with the Trigger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got the adjustable sear and love it - dealing with the ball was a little difficult but I put the action down in a big box and that helped when I had to chase it! Can deal with the stock pull weight if it has no creep.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
ledbetter

I know how you feel. I to can't seem to bring myself to knock out the flared in pin but my creep is getting more noticable. I may just have to be bold and knock it out. Its getting to where the creep is giving me the creeps.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
hey, Ledbetter

I did it today. Knocked that little pin out and put the red bushing on it but first had to knock out the other trigger pin to get enough clearance to put the bushing on. Did it in the kitchen floor on some small blocks of wood. A fine wire edge was sheared from around the edge of the pin. I used the red marked bushing and the second to the heaviest spring. I now have a nice crisp 2 lb. trigger pull and seems to be quite safe as I have put it to the test so far. Just couldn't stand the creep any longer. Looks to me that the pin can be reflared if a person would want to.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got Brookie's kit today and tried to install it.
Could not knock out the "creep" pin. I believe, when you say "it's easy", but apparently not for me :eek:
I don't have any special tools, so I just ised a nail for a pin punch and I couldn't break the flattened part

One question - do you guys remove the barrel when you work on the trigger?
It didn't sound to me like it's a good idea and I didn't take it out. I did try to pay attention, but still wondering if the barrel can get bent or damaged in any way while pounding these pins out ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
OK. Got brave and knocked the "creep" pin out :D

Installed the red sleeve and the heaviest spring from the kit.
The creep is definitely reduced, and I don't have a way to measure it, but it seems to me that even with the strongest spring the pull is very, very light.

BTW - how the built-in trigger adjustment is supposed to work?
The more you tighten/press the spring with the adjustment nut - the heavier the trigger will be (that sounds logical to me), or the other way around?

(I'm sure you guys will excuse me for the stupid questions. I really admire your knowledge)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.